Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uneven jaw bones,What sort of doctor should I see?

I have uneven jaw bones. My right jaw bone is much longer than my left. Aside from hateing how it makes my face look, I have lots pain. I have head aches and muscle pain in my jaws on both sides. There does not seem to be any patterns that I can think of but the uneveness is very aparent. I have no idea what caused it,though it could have been broken when I was a kid or an infant. What sort of doctor should I see about this?

Answer Question

Asked by momthruivf at 6:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Health

Level 18 (5,284 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Aw. I am very sorry. I had a problem with my bite. My dentist worked on this and helped. Your dentist should be able to refer you to a reliable dental surgeon, or to tell you what other kind of surgeon you should see. My nephew had cosmetic jaw surgery and is happier with his appearance now. Please keep us updated?

    Answer by Bmat at 6:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • oral surgeon

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • You should try a TMJ doctor. It sounds like you have it. Ask you dentist to recommend you. Doctor's that specialize in TMJ disorders are expensive. Make sure you have coverage. And, make sure they don't try to sell you a bill of goods. Hope you feel better.

    Answer by Safirejewl at 6:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • you'll probally need an oral surgeon, and depending on what he/she does maybe a orthodontist after that. I hope this gets resolved for you. :)

    Answer by Mesha125 at 6:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

  • First go see a dentist.

    Answer by louise2 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.