What do I need to get for Back to school?

So so my boy is starting kindergarten this year and I have no idea what to get him. I bought him 4 pairs of pants and 5 shirts, I still need to buy him 2 pairs of shoes but what else? I already got the list of BTSsupplies, he has a backpack already.

The shirts I bought him are 3 long sleeve and 2 short sleeve. He still has a good coat that he fits into from last winter. I just want to make sure I have all my basics covered.

AmmuJSE

Asked by AmmuJSE at 6:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in

• It sounds like he is all set. As the school year progresses, you might notice a few more needs such as a mid-weight jacket but it sounds like you have it covered for now.
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 2:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Maybe a couple hooded sweatshirts?
    Mittens/gloves. But it seems like you're pretty much set, momma.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• TEE SHIRTS (UNDERSHIRTS)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Is he in a private school? I don't get why this is such a problem for so many people. If it's public they can pretty much wear whatever they normally wear everyday as long as it doesn't have holes in it. My oldest went to public school and I bought her a few outfits before school started because she needed new clothes (having outgrown most of her other stuff) but she wore everything in her closet to school including t-shirts, dresses, jeans, sweat pants, hoodies, blouses, etc. She wore one pair of jeans until the knee ripped out and then I had to hide them because she wanted to keep wearing them. She only wore 1 pair of gym shoes the entire school year. Actually she barely wore the "school" clothes I bought her so the next year I didn't get her anything except some new jeans since she ripped the old ones.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:25 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Make sure you get the jumbo kindergarten pencils, pencil boxes, crayons, etc. The school should provide you with a supply list for your child. As for clothing, do not go over the top, get plenty of jeans, socks, a jacket for cool mornings, raincoat/boots.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Well my dd's school district has to wear uniforms and it's easy so she gets 3 shirts and 3 pairs of pants and wears them all year I wash laundry every other day so there is always a uniform clean.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2009