Protect and preserve your free speech rights?

http://www.mrcaction.org/517/petition.asp

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• ONE instance where anyone was silenced? and the WH stated they are AGAINST the "fairness doctrine"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Let me try and explain this to you anon.We are on the brink of that if you are paying attention at all.IMO when we have CONGRESS throwing around names at Americans who are exercising their right to speak like "mob" ..."nazis"...."evil mongers" we are heading down a slipperly slope.This is congress doing this.When the WH is telling people to report others emails we are heading down a slipperly slope.Take into account as well the fact that our president and the admin have taken over private business,banks,attempting to take over our healthcare,and attempting to apply more and more gubmint bureaucracy and regulations with the cap and trade.This is ALL about power and control of the American people..so I am not so trusting myself.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Are you kidding me? Our previous pres called 3 other nations the "Axis of Evil". Yeah, that was a success.

All the crazies use evil as a descriptive. While I am not a fan of all the bailouts, and continue to question the soundness of them, at the same time, would you want the banks, car industry, and other businesses that have rec'd bailout money to have folded? Really? Seriously? I hate saying this, but I think that we would be in a worse place, and my initial thought with bailouts was to let the poor planning idjits fail.

Our healthcare....well, to all the elitists who have it, I suppose it's ok. I am lucky, but I know plenty of people who have SN kids like I do who are not so lucky and who have drained their accts just trying to keep their kids on the rails. That is not a good system to me. Health is not a priviledge.

LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 7:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Lili- ITA with your post and assessment of decisions made.

How come everyone blows a gasket when others try to tread on their rights, but have no problem traipsing on others' rights?

Not that I enjoy the immature and elementary tit for tat, it just cracks me up when ppl can not see the hypocrisy in their actions and words-

Last time I checked, members of Congress were protected by the same constitutional rights as every other US citizen. Although I certainly do not approve of their collective stoop to the level of the common morons.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Let me try and explain this to you anon.We are on the brink of that if you are paying attention at all

Thats BS right wing talking points...you aren't losing anything

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Nothing to do with right wing talking point sweet it is using logic and common sense
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• sister if you cannot see the difference between regular americans calling the name and our congress people and president then I am at a loss for words.Lil wed of been alright wouldnt be the first time and we made it.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Lilim...nice to see a real, normal, sane answer on here. I was beginning to think everyone had just lost it in this country. Let's all try not to get carried away in the hysteria people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• anon you call it "hysteria" I call it thinking ahead
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2009