Can cutting hurt your baby?

I've always been depressed, but it seems like it's just got a thousand times worse now that im pregnant. I havent cut in about a year, I replaced my cutting addiction with alocohol and drugs, but now that im pregnant and cant use, I just cant think of any other way to deal with all the stress. I was recently raped by my best friend, he still calls my house, my babys father wants nothing to do with my kid, I finally met a really nice guy, that i liked soo much, he was ok with me being pregnant, and made me feel so good about myself. I haven't heard from him, and i dont think i'm ever gunna see him again. It just sucks that everything that makes me happy, i cant have. I know im gunna cut tonight, im just nervous the blood loss could affect my baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• u need to get some serious counseling advise!
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 6:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• go to a psychologist like yesterday maybe even baker act yourself tonight so you dont do that you need to get help not let it eat away at you things will not get easier after you have the baby just get yourself some help tonight!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• What's going to hurt your baby is having a mother who is seriously depressed and hurting herself. This is not what you want your child to grow up seeing, or thinking is normal. Get some help now! If you won't do it for yourself, do it for your baby.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Honey, before I temporarily became a SAHM, I worked in the mental health field. And your problems are very deep....I get the cutting thing. Worked with a few girls who did this. You need some long term counseling to work on yourself....no man is going to help you feel better. You have to discover YOU for YOU. And find what makes YOU happy alone, not with the aid of anyone else, man, woman, or friend. Hope that makes sense. Think of the long term of how you will need to help your baby and child as they grow, you need to do what you can to make yourself mentally and emotionally stronger.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• If you KNOW your gonna cut tonight, go to the ER and tell them you need to be put in a 48 hour hold for sucide watch- obviously you CARE about baby enough to be concerned, but you need to care about him a little more and start helping yourself.
    go to the ER now- check in to the mental health program, stay as LONG as needed. You need help, and shouldnt rase a baby in that type of enviroment, having a baby doesnt make things better, it makes things worse, there ARE medications you can take while pregnant to help you with your depression.
    I fought for years- still fight everyday sometimes- But I checked myself in, got the help I needed, and live a much happier life now because of it, AND my son doesnt suffer because of my mood swings/depression...
    Do it for the baby, in turn your helping both of you!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 9:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Look you need to bring yourself back into reality. Cutting isnt not going to hurt your child unless you inflict a large wound.
    You are crying for help but we are not the ones to help. Mental illness is so scary, you want help but you dont know how or why ooor you know how and why but drepression has burrowed so deep that you phsically 'cant'.
    Focus on ONE goal and do it. The ER isnt a bad idea because you can get immediate help AND they will give you long term assistance within your treatment time.
    Especially since you are preggers they will give you priority.
    Help Yourself!
    I have been there and done that. Been in hosp a total of three times and have successfully come out the other side with the help of medication and therapy. If your knew someone in your situation what would you tell them to do? Answer that question and then do what you would tell them to do......
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 9:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• YES it is dangerous for you and the baby! I know stress is hard to deal with but their are ways that are safer for you and the baby. talk to a psychiatrist, read a book, bubble bath and listen to music, punch a pillow, scream, but don't hurt yourself or your unborn child
    Benjamins-mama

Answer by Benjamins-mama at 10:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• go to er theyll give u meds that will help alot i used to be the same way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• an kp us posted itll be ok hun
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• call the hospital or go to er an tell them wat r feeling
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2009