diper rash best thing to use 4 my daughter.

allison713

Asked by allison713 at 6:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep clean, and use A&D ointment.

Answer by louise2 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• The Butt Paste and A&D diaper cream, not the A&D ointment worked best with my son. But overall, I think it was the corn starch that I put on him the few times he had a rash. We used vaseline too with the corn starch. Kind of rotating between that and the creams each changing. But every skin is different.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• They only thing that worked for us when my DD was really bad is lots of naked time and lots of baby powder
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Desitin is my go-to. :]
    Or Aquaphor.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Bordeuxs Butt Paste. it is AMAZING. my daughter had a terrible rash one time when she camne back from staying with her father, and nothing would work and then i tried a tube of butt paste that i had in the back of a shelf and it was gone in two diaper changes, and in one she was already happier with being changed!
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 7:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My daughter got a diaper rash, which turned into a bacterial rash due to diarhea. The best thing for her was not wiping her clean but washing her clean. If she had a poopy diaper, it was a lot better for her when I washed her butt in the sink instead of wiping it with baby wipes. Another thing that helped was bathing her more often. I tried bathing her at least once a day, which got her rash to disappear quicker. If your child's rash doesn't go away within a few days, be sure to see the doctor. Mine gave me special ointment. I love A&D, but it works more for preventing diaper rashes. Desitin worked better for getting rid of one. Also, FREQUENT diaper changes help as well. You want your child's bottom to be dry as often as possible.
    Call-Me-Mommy

Answer by Call-Me-Mommy at 7:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Butt paste! Workedwonders for my little girl when she was that age. Ive been stocking up, my son is due in Oct. but I have like 12 tubes already! lol looove the stuff
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 7:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• desitin original. The creamy kind comes right off, but the original sticks to that rash like glue so it helps much better
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I tried the A&D, and that didn't do anything for my daughter.

I also used the Butt paste, and that was okay.

But the best thing that I found was Destin Overnight. It was amazing how fast it cleared her rash up! I love that stuff!
    JanMichelle

Answer by JanMichelle at 8:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• my son had a horrible diaper rash i tried EVERYTHING,our problem was that we werent putting enough on. We finally used destin and if you have to put it on like frosting on a cupcake (yes that thick) we also got a little squirt bottle that we used instead of wipes and a soft cloth to clean his butt. Your daughter might be alergic to the wipes your are useing or even the diapers so you if doesn't clear up with the diaper rash ointment you may want to try switching diapers and wipes and see if that clears it up.
    aidansmom20083

Answer by aidansmom20083 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2009