Nusing with GIANT boobs.

I'm due in less than a week and am starting to think about nursing. I just got a new nursing bra that is a size 40H!!!! Any tips from big breasted moms about breastfeeding?

amberkry

Asked by amberkry at 6:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah when your nursing the first month will be the toughed of all, but just remember that nurse is what you want. When your breast feeding and your breast is in her face she will let go to get air.
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I could never nurse with one hand free. I always had to depress the part of my breast near their nose so they could breathe.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have 36 DDD boobs and I found that a boppy pillow would hold my baby too high. My boobs would be in her face and she couldn't nurse properly. I use a flatter bed pillow and it works much better for me.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 7:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• or doing the feeding in the laying position also helps
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 7:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• my aunts, all had DD's or larger and they told me if my daughter had a hard time (which she didn't end up having one) to try the 'Football Hold' which is like where their body(instead of being under your chest) is under your arm, the way a football player would carry a ball when running or something like that. a pillow helps under their butt. or the laying down method, which is what i used until she was bigger.
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 7:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• to keep them latched on so that they dont have to break away for air, depress the breast near their nose. your not 'supossed' to do this when BFing, but when you got big boobies, you have to
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My advice... get through the first 2 weeks. Don't stop before then!!!
    Dont' let your DR. bully you into formula feeding if the baby drops weight... just shake your head and
    say... okay... and then continue to nurse him

Get Lanolin!!!! Even if your nipples are the size of dinner plates... just cover them with that stuff in between feedings!!

Breast is best
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Read.. "So that's what they're for!"
    charisma10

• I had 36 E or DD and I would hold the breast for with one hand and use my thumb to depress my breast in front of her nose.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My trick? I rolled a receiving blanket up, and put it under my breast. It perked 'em up a bit, and made latching, and positioning easier.

They make a product for this purpose. I haven't tried them, but I will if I have any more kids.
    http://www.utterlyyours.com/
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 4:16 AM on Aug. 15, 2009