Do you have days when you're just so overwhelmed that you want to cry?

I'm having one of those days.... I feel like there isn't enough time. I'm constantly cleaning, doing laundry, etc. I love my Hubby dearly, BUT I'm so tired of him leaving things everywhere and not cleaning up after himself. Am I alone on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• yeah but I have other troubles in my marriage that I'm crying about. If hubby of yours is not cheating on top of all this your lucky. Twice a week when he comes home after fifteeen minutes change clothese time go upstairs and for you alone start put your feet up in room where he is.

When he says wt where's dinner, the kids need you mom. You say its' the end of my shift honey dearest. Now your second job starts. G'night see you in the mornning!!! If he refuses repeatedly then get him into counselling to have back up to tell him to grow up and raise up what he raised up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I spent THREE AND A HALF HOURS trying to get a blood pregnancy test and a prescription filled, and then ALMOST didn't get it filled because a doctor forgot to sign off on it. The meds are fertility meds that I have to start tomorrow, so if I wouldn't have gotten them, I would have missed out on my only chance to get pregnant until February. I was soooo frustrated. It was a hard day.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• YES I do...and sometimes I do cry...why is it the kids could be yelling or needing something and I'll be in the kitchen and he'll be closer but he still says "the kids need you" sorry just venting..my husband does pick up after himself but only because he's a neat freak..but I'm tired of him telling me what I need to be doing...we all have stressful days for different reasons but it is nice to get on here and find out you're not alone...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 7:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• yes, two jobs, full time school, and the baby's a year and a half. he trys, but alot of the time he just suggests bying paper plates and cups and silverware (we don't have the money) he complains when i don't cook, jokingly but when i'm about to rag (next week) it hurts my feelings because i feel like i'm failing as the woman of the house for getting behind on laundry and dishes and sweeping, and the walls are yellow from cigarette smoke from before i moved in and he knows this bothers me and won't even offer to help clean them (he helped make them yellow!) he complains about having to smoke outside and thinks that i don't know he is smoking indoors when i'm at work! i'm venting too, sorry. i love him to death but i could cry all night over the stress today
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 7:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Hang in there Mom, I know it seems like our job is never done! I've been having weeks and weeks like this, I feel overwhelmed and like I can't get anything done. I posted a couple times and got the best advice, which is to make a list and be proud of what you did do and not what you didn't do. Sometimes it seems like our husbands are just another kid, because they do leave their stuff everywhere and rarely clean up, but this too shall pass. Take a deep breath and know that you will get through it. Either that or scream real loud! :)
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 7:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Today was one of those days!! I had a doctor's appt at noon, so I had to get my daughter up, feed her breakfast, clean the kitchen, take a shower, get her ready for her nap, put away the laundry from yesterday, clean up the livingroom, eat breakfast, get dressed, all by 10:45am. Of course my dd decides not to nap this morning!! So I leave her in her crib so I can get this stuff done. She's a crab all day because of the missed nap, embarrasses me later at the park by throwing a tantrum...UGH. Thank god she's in bed now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It must be something with the moon, my hubby's been doing this to me all week! We got company (my BIL) coming in from S.C., he's staying with us, AND my MIL is going to spend the night. I'm starting to babyproof as my dd is starting slow mobility. I finally sat down. I had to clean a person's house today, meet with a potential babysitter, and clean up the mess my husband didn't clean up after breakfast. Then I got in the shower, got out, made dinner, AND helped clear the table. I told dh I was taking the rest of the night off. I'm still seeing things that need to be straightened again, but I resist as best I can, grabbing things to put away "on my way" to the kitchen. My husband is calmly playing xbox, I had to yell at him to get him to cut the grass today. I'm trying to teach my son to pick up and he's following my DH"s example. GRRR
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Girl when you feel like you need to cry just do it. It will help you release all of the pent up frustration and anxiety that you might be feeling at that moment. We are only human and everyone gets overwhelmed. Let your hubby know that he needs to help sometimes because marriage is an equal partnership.
    misscindy726

Answer by misscindy726 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Here's my list to add to the ventilation going on here: Accidental pregnancy, emotionally unstable during said pregnancy, we're not married but live together, he lost his job weeks after we found out about said pregnancy, unemployment denies him, I get fired over said pregnancy (2 days before my bday), we're losing our house, he JUST got a job with decent pay (baby is 6 weeks), I can't find a job, baby eats like a horse & won't breastfeed exclusively, he's got 2 kids from a previous marriage that eat us out of house and home, too...I think that's it for now...believe it or not, we're pretty happy, though money is a MAJOR stress.

So, go ahead and cry!!! I do it all the time and you are SO not alone. My boyfriend has neglected every household chore since I got fired from my job when I was 6 months pregnant...the list will never end, nor will the tears, but at least there will be long, happy breaks in between!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Of course! I think everyone has those every now and then. My husband came home from working, he works out of town and had been gone for two weeks, and he was suppose to stay home for one week. The day after he came home he was called back. I was so upset that I cried and we kind of fought the night before he left. We talked the next day and he told me how much he appreciates everything I do around here while he's gone. We have a three year old son and I work and take care of the house and bills and everything. It totally made me feel so much better. He works his butt off for us and I so appreciate that. I ended up having to apologize, I knew he didn't want to leave either. I had to explain to him that sometimes we just wanna cry and there's nothing you can do to make anything better. We just need to get it out sometimes!!!! Hope uou feel better....
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 12:04 AM on Aug. 15, 2009