Do you breastfeeding moms feed at night too?

I dont cuz my daughter sleeps through the night could this be why my milk supply could be going down.

Leilany1019

Asked by Leilany1019 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I did until my daughter was 18 months old.

Your supply should adjust to her sleeping through the night - you naturally produce less milk at night and the most in the morning anyway.

What makes you think your supply is going down? The ONLY way to know that your supply is going down is if baby isn't wetting enough diapers.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 7:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• If she is sleeping through the night she doesn't need to nurse at night. trust your body and it will make the right amount of milk for your baby.

:)
    I nursed on demand, day and night.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I used to, but my 5 month old daughter has been sleeping through the night for about a month now. My breasts just feel fuller in the morning.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i say that my milk supply is going down because the past 2-3days when she has been feeding she delatches and cries and screams, and my breast dont feel full, heavy, i dont feel my ducts full like they use too
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 7:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• also i called the breastfeeding wic helpline and when i mentioned the way she delatched herself and cries and scream she asked if the babies tongue is white and it is and if my nipples are shinny and they are and the lady said that me and the baby have a yeast infection or called thrush could this be causing the crying and screaming and not my milk supply like i think
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Nope my lil girl has been sleeping through the night since she was 4 weeks old and I breastfeed exclusively. She does the same thing though, she'll suck and suck like crazy and then pull away and scream and cry. BUT I have noticed that milk is still coming out and I switch sides, sometime doing that makes her stop and she continues to to nurse. Sometimes I have let her cry for a minute or so and try again. I don't know why she does it either!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Can you see a doctor and get a prescription? It should clear up for both of you, pretty quickly. That's no fun. My firstborn had thrush, though thankfully I didn't get it too. I know it is painful for the baby!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• do your breasts feel full or like can grab skin from them
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i go to make an emergency appointment for me and the baby
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• my baby doesn't have thrust though ... and she doesn't pull away every feeding....
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2009