What is your opinion of this quote?

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Whatever floats your boat. Think it's pretty rude and nasty myself,but that's just me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• oh, and grossly inaccurate!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• HA I love that quote.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• That's why I said it's stupid and inaccurate busylovinghim! Just a troll,looking to start trouble,no doubt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Valid point. I dont' think it's rude or nasty. I think it's using the listener's belief to help the listener understand the speaker's belief. Love it.
    Mrs.Moha

Answer by Mrs.Moha at 7:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I think its a way to help put another persons belief into perspective. I don't think its rude, I think it is informative.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I take it to mean that when you understand why you don't believe Zeus exists, then you'll understand why we don't believe the Christian god exists.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Stephen Roberts. Love that quote. I totally agree. And let's see if we can help the christians understand. When you understand why you dismiss the existence of other gods (Zeus, Thor, Athena, Frigga, etc) you will understand why I dismiss yours. (God. Or as you like to say One true god.) You believe in one god, I believe in one less which is zero. It's not that hard people really. And no not rude or inaccurate as anon. stated.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i like it :)
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I fail to see how it's nasty and rude. I've read it and re-read it over and over. I just don't see it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009