So! Are you liking having video cameras in our buses?

I think it started this year or the past year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What buses and where? School buses? yeah, I do like it. Seems like a lot of criminal activity happens on school buses. Cameras are a good thing.

On city buses? I suppose that's okay with me too. Don't like it? Buy a car. If something violent happens on a city bus, a recording of the crime could aid police officers in finding a perpetrator. Is that a bad thing?

I think a better question would be, what are you doing on a bus that you are afraid will be recorded?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I didn't know there are any cameras. But I wish they would put seatbelts in school buses. Don't you?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• it sounds safe, i dont ride the bus so i guess i dont care ,but i guess if i did i would feel better.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Valley Metro in arizona has had cameras in their city buses for years.. probably about.. 9 10 years?? nothing new and i think its a great idea.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I am indifferent.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• What? Where have you been? Cameras have been in buses for over a decade, maybe a decade and a half.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 7:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• What she said

What buses and where? School buses? yeah, I do like it. Seems like a lot of criminal activity happens on school buses. Cameras are a good thing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Well I don't mind it...it is kinda like the cameras on traffic lights. They have gotten good evidence off of them before. ( i.e. the bus driver who rear ended a lady because he was texting...or the kid that got hit and threatened by a school bus driver.). I am sure you would want a camera on a bus if you were being robbed that way they can catch him quicker.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• When I was in jr. high our buses had cameras. I don't mind it. People are waaaay to paranoid anymore. I honestly think that they do help ppl behave better...granted, some don't care, but really...what's the big deal?
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 7:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• So what? If something happens on a bus, school or city, it's good to have a record of it. Lots of places have been doing this for some time; I don't see it as a bad thing.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 8:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009