pooping in the tub!

Our 11 month old is pooping in the tub almost every bath! It doesn't make a difference how long we wait after dinner, whether she's gone before bath time... We just moved in with my parents for awhile and she started it a few days after that. She never, ever did it before then! Any ideas? I'm so tired of washing all the bath toys and the tub... plus she's in there with her 2 year-old sister! Gross!

EmilySusan

Asked by EmilySusan at 7:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My little boy used to do that. I think the bigger a deal you make of it the more they enjoy it. Just get them out and act like it never happened. It will stop.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 7:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Have you tried bathing her in the morning see if she does it then? I remember when I was a child going swimming was like a laxative sometimes--I'd have to get out and go. I'd try to bathe her in the morning and let her keep her evening poopie schedule.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 8:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• The warm water is soothing on their tummies, and can relax it enough to cause a BM.

My LO just started doing this! Total PITA! However, when I see signs of her getting ready to poop, I put her on the toilet, and she'll usually go in there instead. Try looking for your daughters cues, and then put her little butt on the toilet!

GL mama!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 4:05 AM on Aug. 15, 2009