Do you instantly think the worst of black people?

I'm just wondering because a black lady just joined our play group today and one of the girls was really stand offish with her, yet she was friendly to one of our new white members... I notice this happens alot in social situations. btw! she is a really nice person friendly and she talks really proper, and her daughter is mixed I think her husband is white... I never see color and I always give people a chance... Why do some people just judge based on apprences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• because people were brought up that way.Or one bad experiance with someone of a certain color leads them to believe they're all like that.No i dont think the worst when i see anybody
    babysyoungmom1

Answer by babysyoungmom1 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• just because they're rude. i have two sets of relatives who are racially mixed. Both couples are really nice and their kids are as friendly as can be.

years ago my parents refused to meet my best friends because they were a mixed couple. also, they refused to meet an Indian friend because they though I was going to run away and marry him, they couldn't even understand or believe me as a 23 year old that we were not dating.

I only attend a church that is inclusive of all races and educational and health, financial levels in society.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• sterotypes. Some people will treat people like that and then claim their not racist. To me acting like that is racist. I also teach my kids to judge people by whats inside. not their color, or disability. My husband is hispanic and I am white and we get stuff like that all the time at us as a couple. ticks me off.
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I think that some people judge because they are racist. I have an ex-step brother that just called me out of the blue the other day asking me how I could marry a black guy and have a baby with him. Then he asked me what color my daughter was. He says he isn't racist but yet he rambled on and on about how he doesn't like OBAMA and that white people are going to become the minority eventually and all this other bs. I was soo p****d!!! He is a republican that lives in Alabama. Like I said some people are just plain straight out racist and don't see anything other than color and it is sick! If you don't know someone you have no reason not to like them!
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 7:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• nope i dont judge ppl until after i know them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I am conditioned to think the worst of any person, regardless of color, until I know them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• nope, i love black ppl!! now when it comes to east indians, i always think the worst!! i dont like those people!! i have my reasons which i wont get into here. like, some are ok, the ones i get to know, but the majority of them i dont, at all!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I try not to judge ppl....at all....it's their behavior/attitudes that help me make my decision on whether or not I want them in my life. I've had terrible experiences with people from all different backgrounds and have matured to the realization that no matter what color skin, no matter what accent they have or values they may believe in, we're all human. I might be offensive to them for all I know.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 8:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I am guilty of thinking the worst of other African Americans, because I was teased by my African American classmates from elementary school through high school. When I see a group of AA's, particularly young ones, I automatically look to cross the street. I hate myself for feeling this way. I know of lots of really nice AA's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I don't care if you are green with purple spots if you are friendly to me I'm gonna be friendly to you. I refuse to lable any one group, be they black, hispanic, east indian, or white. I refuse to lable people based on gender, economics, sexual orintation, disability or age, or any other criteria there maybe. I see people first then the details that make them who they are.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2009