Legal Question; Please help

I had a medical and car problem come up,and didn't pay rent this month.I am in Oklahoma. I was planning on paying it on the 24th this month with my next paycheck. Monday I got the 5 day note that says they wont accept payment after the 5 days. Does that mean that tomorrow they will send the sheriff over to make me leave immediatly? Or do I now get a 30 day eviction letter to leave? Just curious, I am only late this month; and I can afford to get a new place on the 24th, I was just behind this month and lost my car , job, and had my own medical problems and problems with my childs health. My daughters father left us for my co-worker and has only given me $120...which was 2 months ago. Things just got behind...Im just worried im kicked out tomorrow. I looked this up online; but not understanding. Can someone let me know? Thank You. Please no bashing.
http://www.rentlaw.com/eviction/okeviction.htm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• Communicate with your landlord. Explain the situation. If you have never been late or have a good history they would probably just take it late.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• google your county's tenant association - you probably have one. I really think they have to give you either two weeks or 30 days notice before eviction as a tenant can be enforced. Even Legal AId in your county will have lawyers for you to consult with on your rights. Also try your state or county's Consumer Affairs Department - they could have info for your too.

Some of this might be available on on line in your state or county. You can also go into Martindale Hubble, a good legal website and search in your state and surrounding towns for Tenants Rights Lawyers - some might be listed w/ info on line and could be open tomorrow Saturday for you to talk to for a free consult.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• You should have called your landlord and told him/her that you were gonna be late on rent and explain to them what happen and you will have it on the 24th. It takes 2 minutes to pick up the phone! I don't believe if you one month late only then they can't evict you. Call your landlord and talk to them NOW.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Yeah, if I'm only late this month maybe they will work out something; I was just wondering if I would have the sheriff at my door in the morning basically. And yes, I did tell them upfront I was going to be late. They even told me they could not take partial payments either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• in my state eviction takes like 3 months to complete. but they can start the court process after 30 days, they cant leave you homeless for being 30 days late though. you might want to check with your local socail svc. they may have a social worker to help you if you have a small child. good luck hun
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2009