I'm about to have a baby girl in four weeks. I'm on medi-cal and got a letter saying after I have her my medi-cal is discontinued. I don't care about myself but am wondering if my baby is covered, does anyone know? I've heard mixed answers.

Just checking to see if she is covered by an HMO or if medi-cal will cover her, or exactly how all this works. I never dealt with this before; I worked a full time job and got laid off when I got pregnant and lost my health insurance.

Any advice or help would be appreciated...thank you!! Kimberly :)

kimberfreak

Asked by kimberfreak at 7:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You will be on it... it usually depends on which state your getting pregnancy medicaid from - but usually about 60 days after the baby's birth.
    As for the little one - you need to enroll her in an infant medicaid or children's. Contact your social worker.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 7:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Your baby will be covered for the 1st year, then you will have to reapply. You will be covered upto your 6 weeks check up.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Yup your covered till your 6 week visit and your LO is covered for the first year and then reapply her also call your case worker as soon as you have her and make sure they have all her info.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• well i live in oklahoma and as far as i know... they should automatically enroll the baby in medicaid when its born... they did for me... but just in case... contact your caseworker asap after birth!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2009