Summer Salad

Hi
Any recipes for "HIT" summer salad recipes?
Thanks, You guys are th greatest!!

mbart

Asked by mbart at 8:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

Level 1 (-20 Credits)
  • 1 1/2 lbs of Tri-color pasta and then take a .25lbs of ham, salami, pepperoni, prov cheese, mozz cheese, dice it up and put a small can of black olives and mix it all in italian dressing.

Enjoy it's good.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• This sounds odd but it's light and fresh and if you like peas, it's good.

2 C cold peas
    Diced radishes like half C
    sliced green onion, two
    1/2 C quartered cucumbers
    Pepper
    Dressing:
    1 T white vinegar
    1 T honey
    2 T olive oil
    Toss
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Potato salad my mom's x-BF used to make for me because I hate onions, he said the recipe is "english"(he is from england)

Just potatoes cut up then you add half mayo and half sour cream. Fresh or frozen peas(cooked then cooled) and it's easy potato salad, my favorite ever. You could add onions if you like them, if you use purple onions it would add some nice color with the green peas. No specific measurements just enough mayo and sour cream to cover the potatoes and the peas... how ever you like it.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• YES, I just made this for a party and it was fabulous!  Next time I will add some red onion...

Greek Couscous Salad

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Party-Size-Greek-Couscous-Salad/Detail.aspx?prop31=2

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Chickpea-Spinach Salad with Spiced Yogurt Dressing
    DRESSING
    1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
    Freshly ground pepper to taste
    SALAD
    1.5 cups home cooked, or 1 15-ounce or 19-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
    1 cup diced peeled cucumber (I use zucchini or broccoli)
    1 cup diced celery or fennel (I use jicama)
    1 cu p grated ca rrots
    10 cups small spinach leaves or mesclun salad greens (about 8 ounces)
    To prepare dressing: Whisk yogurt, lemon juice, oil, cumin, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. To prepare salad: Combine chickpeas, cucumber, celery (or fennel) and carrots in a medium bowl. Add half the dressing and toss to coat.
    Toss spinach (or mesclun) in a large bowl with the remaining dressin

Answer by rkoloms at 1:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• To prepare dressing: Whisk yogurt, lemon juice, oil, cumin, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. To prepare salad: Combine chickpeas, cucumber, celery (or fennel) and carrots in a medium bowl. Add half the dressing and toss to coat.
    Toss spinach (or mesclun) in a large bowl with the remaining dressing. Divide the greens among 6 plates and top with the vegetables. Serve immediately. MAKES 6 SERVINGS NOTE: When I feel ambitious, I make croutons from pita; for a crowd, top with vegetables in the serving bowl.

• Combine the following in a dish...

cherry tomatoes, green olives, black olives, garlic stuffed green olives, chopped artichokes, and Newmans Own Italian dressing. Right before serving, add pearl mozzerella cheese balls. SOOOO yummy. You can do all but the mozz cheese before hand. The dressing will break down the mozzerella cheese if it is in there too long.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2009