baby droped???

can your baby drop then go back up, a could days ago my work looked at me and said i look low, and i must of droped, same with my SO he said i looked really low, but now i feel her up high today? can she drop several times before delivery, and im 35 weeks prego. and can a baby drop in breech position?

newmom092009

Asked by newmom092009 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• O_o
    Well... I'm not sure about the dropping and then "going back up" but.. I do know a baby can drop in the breech position - but right themselves before delivery.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I believe once you drop they don't go that far up that you feel that much of a differeace. Also yes they will drop in breech and they could turn whan there drop. My DD was breech until I was 38 weeks and I had dropped at 36 weeks and she turned they can turn at the last minute.

Congrats on your new LO. GL!
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Your baby's position might be changing (and then changing again & again, lol). Once a baby truly lowers into the pelvis and is at a measurable station they will be getting ready for birth and are likely to stay, but anything could happen!    ; -)

Is baby breech right this minute, for certain?   Whatever position, when baby moves it feels big inside, could be a foot or an elbow, head or knee...   ??

To an observer, it could appear that baby is "low" or "high," but can have nothing to do with actuality...

doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i feel a hard spot right under my ribs, and i think that is her head, but i have a doctors appointment next friday and she will tell me if she still is breech or head down. but i feel like i can breathe a lot easier and lots of pelvic pressure. if i did drop, is 35 weeks too early? or right on time?
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I think we say "drop" when we really notice baby lower, but it doesn't necessarily mean baby will be here this week, kwim?
    With my pregnancies, I dropped around 33 weeks, but still went past my due date with them. From watching cafemamas over the years, I see a lot of women notice this around then, too.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• They can move around and change positions which can effect the way your belly looks. But once they move into position for labor, it's unlikely (note I didn't say it was impossible) for them to move back up.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 9:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2009