Baby name

Ok, my husband and i have been married for 3 years, we are having our second baby...not sure of the sex yet, but throwing around names....here is my question...would you be upset if your husband/so wanted your son's middle name to be the name of his ex girlfriends dead grandfather? any thoughts and opinions please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My main question would be why? I would ask him why he wanted that name. He might have been close to her and had a special bond with her or he might have really liked the name. If that was the case then no it woldn't bother me.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I prob would its kinda jerky for him to even ask!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• depends, is it a really unique name? if so then i wouldn't mind, and just remember you are his wife and with two children, so i wouldnt worry to much about it, but i would talk to him if you are uncomftorable with the idea.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Is he naming the baby AFTER the ex girlfriends dead grandfather? Or is it just a name he likes and it happens to be the same?

If it's the latter, I would be fine with it. If he wants it on purpose just because of his ex girlfriends dead grandfather then I would say HELL NO!!
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 8:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• his name is keith, very common, and when i asked him about knowing him, he lied and said it was his friend bryan's grandfather, (he doesn't have a friend named bryan) he almost married this girl, before me, so I wonder if he is wishing he were with her? i told him about wanting to name our son after my grandfather before we were even married and he is against the idea, so why this girl's grandfather?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Was he really close to her grandfather? I am SUPER close my ex's mother. She is like a 2nd mom to be. My husband knows this and is okay with it. If I wanted to name our daughter after her he would understand that it has NOTHING to do with my EX, but with the relationship I have with my ex's MOM. Understand? If he was just super close to his ex's grandfather then what's the harm? Keep asking him WHY he wants that name...
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 9:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• to me it'd be the same as if baby were name after his dead ex-girlfriend's live grandfather. no exes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Yeah...that's fkd up...
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 9:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Haha My uncle dated this girl Named Roxanne for a long time and they were even engaged for a while. They split up and he got with his now ex-wife... Well their first daughter he named Roxanne after the ex, but he told his wife it was after the song.... EVEN though he admitted to my Mom it was after his ex girlfriend. It was just cause he liked her a lot and wasnt really over her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Id tell him you were naming that baby after your grandfather first before any friend or girlfriends grandfather. It seems selfish of him
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 9:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2009