How to handle stress while pregnant?

Tonight is our first night in a new home.. We moved ALLLLLL day. Im 5 months pregnant so im prettttttttty exhausted. I didnt lift anything heavy but I was on my feet constantly. Tomorrow I have to go clean the house we left. AND yesterday my kitty got sick. I thought he was constipated then noticed he couldnt pee either. I took him to the Emergency vet and they said he had a urinary blockage.. which is really bad and he could have died. I Love him like my baby. So he had surgery today and its costing a lot of money that we didnt really have. I wish Animals could be on your families insurance. I know you can get insurance for them but it would be easier to have the option on your insurance. Man Im stressed out. How do you handle so much stress?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Taking things one situation at a time REALLY helps! When you look at all the stressors at the same time it's overwhelming! Just take a lot of deep breaths and then tackle each situation one at a time.
    Also you might consider prenatal yoga/swimming classes, maybe join a new moms group/La Leche/birth class, talk with a doula... There are many others around to support you, talk with you, to listen if you want to vent!
    :-)
    Good luck!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Lately when I feel stressed I drink a cup of hot chocolate. Then lie down and feel my son kick and think about what he will look like. Of course I have to do it after my daughter goes to bed!! Good luck! Everything will be fine
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 9:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I am kind of high strung so i totally understand stress. In order to keep my stress level in check. I have a series of relievers. I take a warm shower or bath, turn off the lights and lay in bed and practice breathing, pick a room tune out the world and clean!!! Everyone handles stress differently so just try the things that you know are soothing and relaxing to you.
    DANEISH

Answer by DANEISH at 10:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I don't know what it's been with my pregnancy hormones but I haven't been able to get stressed or mad about anything bigger than a person cutting me off in traffic. I'm so incredibly blissful it's not even funny. I think if you just let your mind wander and realize whatever is going to happen, is gunna happen, you'll keep your sanity. There's nothing you can do to change it so you might as well enjoy the ride right? Keep a smile on your face! A happy pregnant lady is way prettier than a stressed out one :)
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 10:14 AM on Aug. 15, 2009