im 37 weeks and am ready to have her. how do i naturaly induce my labor???

yours.truly

Asked by yours.truly at 9:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• stimulate your nipples...or have your partner do it. It works for a lot of people. Sex is good too. (Let him ejaculate inside you....it naturally helps soften your cervix)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• You might be ready~ but obviously SHE isn't ready or she wouldn't be on the INside. ;-)

Why do you think that it's time?

There are natural home remedies that might nudge a body that is already heading into labor already.  Are you looking for something like this?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Here is some info:

http://www.maternitycorner.com/mcmag/articles/preg0007.html

But also remember that 38-42 weeks is the average, many women can go shorter or longer, only the baby really knows what is perfect and right for him/her.

:-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• YOU are ready. Your baby is NOT. Dont be selfish and wait for her timing.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have to agree 100% with doulala & ma2b08
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• She's not ready to come yet. You could still have 5 weeks. Why force her out?
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 10:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My first born was 2 weeks over due, and was 9pounds 5oz and all I kept hearing was have lots of sex and it will make it come on - but we did that everyday, and nothing, plus your not very comfortable at that point of your pregnancy, but it finaly happened on its own. Our second born, I was induced on Sat. a.m. she was due on that following Monday, and was 9pounds 9oz, and so I cant say they ANY way to get it to come on by its self. But I think they will come when they are ready - let it come on its self - I am not a fan of induceing.
    mothersdaygift

Answer by mothersdaygift at 10:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I am in the same boat! I have been trying everything. I will let you know if anything works. lol Good Luck. Oh and don't listen to the "your selfish" comments. Your life is your life. Unless your baby has health problems than there is no problem with trying now. A lot of doctors are saying that 36 weeks is considered full term. How ever the longer they cook the better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• 36 weeks was considered full term years ago. There's a reason why doctors have changed it to 40 weeks. You are only 37 weeks, some women go past 40 weeks, to 41, 42 and even 43 weeks. Your baby will come when she is ready. Do not try to induce labor, most of that stuff doesn't work anyway...unless you are on the verge of labor anyway. I'm 33 weeks and I've had a hard pregnancy. Went into preterm labor at EIGHTEEN weeks. I am fighting to keep my baby inside of me as long as possible...be thankful you haven't had the same issues. Be happy that your baby is going to be born full term and healthy...let her come when she is ready.
    javila

Answer by javila at 11:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• From what I've been reading, home remedies only work if you're on the brink of labor as it is. Also, there is a two week sway to both sides of 40weeks when they give you your due date. She may just be on her way already, or you may have another 5weeks ahead of you. If you induce now & it turns out she wouldn't have naturally been ready until 5weeks later, you're endangering her life & she will most likely spend the first month or so of her life in a little incubator where you can't be with her 24/7, which will also inhibit bad eating habits. Try walking. If you're about to go into labor, that will help it progress. If not, the exercise wont hurt LOL. Same thing goes for sex.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2009