QUESTION?

WHAT IS A GOOD CHEAP WAY TO GET RIDE OF FLEAS ON MY CAT? I TRYED BUYING THAT MONTHY FLEA KILLER FROM WALMART.. TREATED MY HOUSE AND FLEA BATH AND THEY ARE STILL NOT GONE... WHAT CAN I DO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pets

• This is how we do it:
    (1) give the cat a flea bath (it's hard but it works)
    (2) spray down all the furniture
    (3) bomb the house
    (4) get the flea killer for the yard. Believe it or not, you track in a lot of fleas just walking through the yard.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 10:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• The Walmart drops do not work. Frontline is good. If you want an all natural way you can use food grade DE. http://www.earthworkshealth.com/
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• you can wash your cat with dish soap to get the fleas off her. Remember to be careful not to get it in her eyes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• We would treat the cat for 3 months and then we would wait a few months and treat again. We would get frontline from the vet.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• advantage works best..although its not "cheap"
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I see someone said use dish soap... Please, dont use any dish soap... Dawn has a special ingredient in it that kills the fleas, so I'd soak her up... Then buy a flea collar and keep it on her for a few days... Then bathe her again using dawn. Dawn doesnt kill the eggs and you may have eggs and fleas all over your home, so you have to keep at it.
    To treat your home, you can use borax, found in the laundry isle at your dept store, sprinkle it in rugs and under mattresses, sofas and any other place your cat may stay...
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:43 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• buy hertz flea dip or shampoo its high in pyrethin...its the pyrethin in advantage and front line that kills the fleas...u will get more for ur money buying shampoo...u also have to bath ur cat once a week and bomb ur house once a week for a month to break the fleas life cycle..its exspensive buts its the only thing that will work ab=fter teh first month u should be able to get away to doing it once a month or every other month depending how bad the infestation is
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:05 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Hertz has had so many problems in the past, their ingredients have caused deaths among many pets and I would not trust it! Look into it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• We use Frontline. My vet sells me a large tube (cheaper then multiple small ones) and writes down the amount per animal based on weight. The year we had problems (forgot the frontline) we treated the animals took them outside, flea bombed the house and sprayed the yard to help stop re-infestation. Good Luck! 

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 10:27 AM on Aug. 15, 2009