poop?

Is it normal or okay for my 4 month old to have formed poop? Its not hard its just formed... She's not in pain.

Normal or not?

sopheeahsmommy

Asked by sopheeahsmommy at 10:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if she's taking foods, even just a little rice cereal, it's normal, especially if she is in no pain when she poops. the only time to worry is if pooping is painful, the poop has hard pellets in it, or if it has blood or a lot of mucus in it. in any of those situations, call your dr or the on call ped at the local hosp.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Is she eating any solids? I don't really know for sure, but if all she eats is breastmilk or formula I would think that isn't normal. However if you have introduced solids-even just cereal, I wouldn't think it was a big deal.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• If shes eating foods its ocmpletely normal!! Dont worry yourself too much! As long as shes not having a hard time with them its no big deal at all!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:11 AM on Aug. 15, 2009