I understand children and parents arent the best they can be all the time but...

This is just rediculous. I had a family over today, they had a 2 and 3 year old. They were extremely WILD! They were pulling breakables off of my counters and told not to go outside, but they kept on. The mother said "I said you stay in this house!" and the 3 yo said "I DONT CARE" I was like omg! No child in my family has that sentence in their vocabulary at such a young age. THEN I met my DH's BF's girlfriend and she had a 3 year old also.. This child was still sucking a bottle and wearing diapers. I was like wtf is wrong with people now days? Seriously Do you let your kids do these things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hell No and we don't play with kids who do. I don't want to parent other people's kids and I don't appreciate having to deprogram my kids after hanging out with children like this. Plus, I don't need the stress and worked my butt off to have kids with good manners.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• my 4 year old is very sassy back but she does do what i tell her too and she dont run around crazy and she was out of diapers by 1 and half years old she was off the bottle at 12 months,
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• How does a 3 year old wearing diapers and sucking a bottle affect your life? And what does that have to do with your story about the kids breaking your things?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• The diapers and bottle's isn't a huge deal to me, that's a personal choice between mother and child. Not all children are ready to potty train by that age....BUT rudeness and disrespect is something completely different, and if you are in my house it is my rules, so I would have said something to the first family and thier kids.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• LOL Obviously you don't have a 2 or 3 year old. Good luck.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 11:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• high five Amber115...don't you just love people who like to judge other parents?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Wow, those kids would not be allowed back in my house!
    ronisaurus

Answer by ronisaurus at 1:04 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• My daughter was in diapers past her 4th birthday, even though she was reading and tying her shoes.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2009