Horrible tasting medicine!

My DD was just seen in the ER last night for breathing problems. (which shes had in the past) they had given her a steroid before so i didnt think anything of it. I always try to taste her medicine before she does to make sure its not horrible. This medicine is the worst thing i have ever tasted. She is usually good about taking medicine and she spit this out and cried. Is there anyway I could make it better? Should I ask for a diff prescription or should i mix it with juice or what can I do? btw its Prednisolone 15 mg.

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd has severe asthma, been on tons of things. I've used that but in a nebulizer. Ask for it to be converted to a nebulizer. It's amazing what we demand our little ones take. Hope baby feels better. Be careful some orals can give baby a nasty high if too much. Get your pharmacists opinion on different choices to ask to switch to or this one. If you got it from CVS on line in their website they have listings of which stores in which states are 24 hours open for prescriptions.

Feel better little one!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Chocolate makes the medicine taste better, any medicine. Try mixing it up with a little chocolate pudding and see if that helps.(like 2 tablespoons of pudding to the dose of med) I have a daughter that until she was able to swallow pills it didnt matter how the medicine tasted, she would gag and vomit on ANY liquid medicine, so I figured out how to get it down with chocolate pudding, it worked every time :) bty, dont let your little one see you mixing up the pudding with the med, she might catch on :) Good luck, hope it works for you and that she feels better soon :)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:49 AM on Aug. 15, 2009