dehydration?

My 25 mo old son ran a fever in the night last night, but seemed fine today... except he did not eat much. He also ran a fever during his nap, but awake times was normal. He's been drinking and nursing. BUT he has not had a wet diaper since BEFORE his nap at 1pm. It is now almost 11. Should I be worried about him being dehydrated???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Pinch his fingernail gently, if the white disappears slowly, he may be dehydrated. You can also pinch is skin and if it's stays pinched he is dehydrated.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• one thing I was told by my pediatrician, since my son refuses to drink pedialite, to buy propel fitness water...she said it is like pedialite for adults, its sweet, kids will drink it but it has alot less sugar than say gatorade...it may help for future reference. Wal Mart sells there brand in the powder you just add water. When its hot, thats what my kids get to drink and especially when they are sick.
    MichMom1984

Answer by MichMom1984 at 11:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2009