I just read a question about coupons and saw alot of negative comments, why is it bad to use several coupons for one store its not like there really losing money especially if they always donate to charity, right?

Stores always donate to charity so why dont they let us use more than one coupon on there store, dont they see where sort of poor too...especially on wanting to save.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Shopping

• so, because i donate to charities, i should just give you my stuff, too??? ever heard of the term 'entitlement'??
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with it. I use lots of coupons at the grocery store. Yes, sometimes it makes the items free, but the store get there money back plus 8 cents
    ibeamomysomeday

Answer by ibeamomysomeday at 1:13 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• It's not bad to use several coupons. The stores are PAID to take those coupons. The more you give them, the more money they make. Whoever was doing that ranting is an idiot.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If you are talking about a grocery store or a Wal-mart or Target where you are using coupons for different stuff. Like $1 off Land O' Lakes butter and $1 off Huggies diapers, then the store isn't losing money because those companies are paying the grocery store. If you are talking about a coupon for say JC Penny for 10% off one item and then you use 5 of those coupons to buy 5 different things, then JC Penny is losing money and they typically don't let you use more than one coupon at a time.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• well technically they dont reall lose money. lets say for example your buying a t shirt from sears and u have a 15% off coupon. well the company bought that shirt in bulk so it really cost them 5 bucks but they r selling it for 35 so they r still making a profit even with 15% off. they of course r trying to make as much money as possible so they dnt want u to use more coupons.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 3:28 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I read this post this lady was tying to use I think 20-30 coupons at once at KOhl's. So yeah it is a problem, when you do that. Otherwise coupons are fine.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:56 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Here is the question from that post:

we bought 20 kohls coupons on ebay for 5 dlls off each and theres hundreds of sellers who sell them on ebay that have 100 positive feedback, so why is it bad? how can it be fraud if the coupons dont say only use one per lifetime! they just say one per purchase so thats why we went to the 5 registers that were open, how else can we do it? gosh its weird that the manager takes his job to seriously..and now the seller doesnt want to give us our refund
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:00 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Coupons are meant to be used. But the store can limit and they have a right to refuse service. So it's their way or the highway. I would and do use double coupons where allowed - but I don't complain if it's against their policy. I'm sure they have a legitimate reason for their limitations.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009