Is there a good website where you can buy a bunch of children's books for cheap? (yes, I know that is horrible grammar)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I get great kids books from local thrift stores for 50 cents!! Or Goodwill has great books for the same price. I sware I never buy new books again!! Sorry, I haven't found a website that sells books THAT cheap!!
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Your grammar was fine. Where I live we have a store named Ollie's. I find so many wonderful books there for all of us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I love Ollie's back when we livedin PA I bought my daughter tons of cute books from there... Also try the $1 store they also have some cute books...
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 10:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• used book stores have them too, just do a google search for your area, the most i've ever paid at a used book store for a kids book was like $1.50. or try ebay, craigslist. or freecycle
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I would try freecycle.org. They often have people giving away childrens books, at least in my area. You can try craigslist like another poster said. I have bought a set of childrens books off of Ebay before, for $1 a book, but I think you may find better deals at a used book store.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• maybe paperback swap.com? im just suggesting. i get some free ones from our local thriftstore and a church's local clothing closet. and freesites. and half priced books has grab boxs for 5 dollars here. as well as clearanced books. i would try google.com and enter your city and state and "buy, kids books, cheap, free" if you live in my area i could make specific suggestions. also often local public libraries have book for free and booksales that go on donations per book. i would definitely try CL. im sure there are folks in your neighborhood that trade or give away books all the time. i do that. and of course my favorite garage sales...thanks for sharing the love of reading with your kids. thats one of my favorite missions...literacy.
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 11:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2009