Do you think this is weird?

Ok I told my mom I did not want her to be in the delivery room when I gave birth because I just think that it is weird. She is furious with me about it to. I decided I wanted my sister because she knows what calms me down and how to keep my mind off things. I think it is weird to have my mom in there. I asked my grandma if my mom would have wanted her in there and she said that she would never let her in a million years. So why is she so upset especially when she thought the same thing when she gave birth to me? Am I weird for this?

crazypinkzebra

Asked by crazypinkzebra at 10:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• She wants to be there bc you're her baby and she wants to help you in any way she can. Plus she wants to see her grandbaby being born! That's like the ultimate thing a grandma can be a part of! I personally wanted my mom there but for both births something happened that made it not possible. :( But not all women do and feel really modest around thier mothers.

But it's ultimately up to you... If you're uncomfortable with it, it could hinder your labor. Tell her you understand WHY she wants to be there, but you don't feel it'd be the best option. Have her there so that as soon as the baby's born she can see ya'll as a compromise if you're more comfortable with that. :)

((hugs)) Good luck with this!
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 10:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Does your other sister have kids? Is this your first baby? Have who you want. Tell her she'll be the first one called when baby born. My mom freaked out cuz my husband and I wanted to take my three and a half year old to the hosptial with us for my second csection. She refused to be there waiting with him cuz she was freaked out that we were taking him out a five am to the hospital that morning. Cheesh - I wasn't having a baby every day born from me doing this. So I said fine my sil and brothers in law would go with me. They did and they watched him for us. It was great without my mom stressing out.

Do what you want. This is important most of all to you, the birthing mom. Congratulations!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Not weird at all. you know how you'll be comfortable, and thats what you're going to need when the time comes. unfortunately, even though your mom didnt want it either, she probably just wants to be there for you and her future grandchild. it sucks she's hurt by it, but you dont need stress when you've got soo much else to worry about at that point in time. Good luck mama
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• No my sister does not have kids and yes this is my first baby. My mom just stresses the hell out of me. My sister would say the same thing and my mom kinda raised me to be ashamed of my body that it is not for anyone to see except myself. Well that went well especially me being pregnant now! LOL!
    crazypinkzebra

Answer by crazypinkzebra at 11:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• no your not wierd i dont want my mom in the room either. im just not close to her. i do have a feeling that once im in that much pain ill be asking for her thought. when i was little and got sick she would pet my hair lol and it always made me feel better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Well if she raised you to be ashamed of your body tell her that! "Hey mom, you always told me to hide it, so I don't want you to see it." It'd make me uncomfortable & stressed too! My mom was really open about stuff like that so I could have cared less about her seeing a head pop out of my vagina, lmao. Don't surround yourself with people who will stress you out. Last thing you need in labor... :) GL again!
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 11:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• if she was a good mom to you, i think its wierd. my mom would of cried if i didnt let her in the room when my son was born, and i would never have done that to her.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I don't think its weird. I wanted my mother in the delivery room-unfortunately she passed away many years ago if she were here she wouldn't anyway. I did have my sister there she didn't make it for my daughter but she did make for my son. I was glad because I was just scared (I can't stand not knowing the outcome of Aou ANYTHING) I guess I'm just saying maybe you can comprimise with her somehow because you can't possibly know how lucky you are she is here & wants to be apart of the most incredible thing you will ever go through. You will also be too busy to even notice if she is annoying you or stressing you out. thier is so much going on
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I dont find it weird...
    My mom is like the only person I want with me when I give birth though.. Shes had 5 kids and I know when I'm in pain no one is more comforting than mom!
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:36 AM on Aug. 15, 2009