What is the difference between an ultrasound and a sonogram?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nothing really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• They're the same, just different names. They both are used the same way. Before they came out my breast surgeon for my lumps would use a flashlight on my breast to see if the light passed through the lump, if it did then the lump was very likely a cyst and could easily be aspirated of fluid. Solid meant a more difficult biopsy.
    Anonymous

• No difference. Like some people call soft drinks sodas and others call them pops. Just depends on who you're talking to as to what it'll be called.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 11:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• The old name and the new name. People my mom's age say sonogram. Younger women usually call it an ultrasound.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Same thing... "Ultra" just sounds way cooler than "sono"so we use that more often now ;) He-he.. Sorry, feeling goofy tonight, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2009