damnit.. i am retaining water already (more of a rant than a question)

I don't have high bp and I drink lots of water, although I drank less today than normal. I'm only 17 weeks, I was standing up for about 30 min and then my veins started popping out of my hands and feet and now they're huge. My face isn't swollen though, so that's a good sign right? As if gaining weight didn't make me look fat enough... now I'm bloated.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if it makes you feel any better, i'm on the depo shot,and its apparently just making my body THINK its preggo....cuz i'm wantin to eat all day long, and even my belly is starting to look kinda baby bumpish....i swear if anyone asks when i'm due, i'm gonna cry (:-p) hopefully it made you smile a bit
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i took a pregnancy class not too long ago and the instructor said that its from not drinking enough water. She said to drink at least 64 ounces per day and elevate your feet when you kay down and it should help.

Sorry, I havent experienced any major bloating, just a little in my fingers and toes, but thats it, but maybe try that and see if it will help
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It's also a rapid increase in blood and fluid volume in your body and you aren't used to it yet. If it is HOT where you are its going to exacerbate the issue. Also, take a look at your diet. Don't restrict salt, but be aware if you are eating things that have excessive salt and cut back on those. You said you hydrate, just be sure you get 8 - 10 8oz glasses a day.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:20 AM on Aug. 15, 2009