Do they let kids in the delivery room?

Im allowed three people in the delivery room when i deliver
1st is my SO....I need someone to blame for my pain..LOL
2nd is my MOM
3rd I am undecided

I wanted to let my little sister in there, not for the whole crotch view or anything, but like let her sit from the side lines...I also want to scare her, a little bit, not too much, just enough so she doesnt get preg as young as my mom did with me, or as young as me...18...LOL I want to scare her to wait 20years...hahah she's 11 now

But I also think that it would be a good experience, these are the closest people in my life so I want them to be there, but can she?

Dom123123

Asked by Dom123123 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just call and ask your hospital. i was 12 when i was in the delivery room with my mom when she had my youngest brother. my gma also was in there to make sure it wasnt scary tho. i knew there was pain just nothing to scar me. i even cut the cord. (but left for epi, and when mom was gettin sick). I didnt have a kid till 22 so.....i guess it kinda worked haha.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My hospital would allow it... even for my son who was at the time 2. Hospital rules vary, but a lot of them allow minors now.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 11:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• If it varies with every hospital, I will check when I get my tour, hopefully she is allowed
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Call your hospital and ask. Ours only allows the mother's own children and they have to go to the special sibling class beforehand.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• You'll have to ask, hospital policies can vary, but it'll probably be fine.
    But does she want to be there?
    If so, there are plenty of ways to prepare her.
    My child was present (even in the birth pool with me) for the new baby's birth. I guess it all just depends!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I know that at most hospitals they like for them to be 12 or older, I would defanitly call the hospital and ask.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 6:20 AM on Aug. 16, 2009