My roses were cut down today

When I left for work this morning, my roses were alive in my front yard. When I returned this evening, they were gone. At first I thought it was an animal. But when I took a closer look, the small bush had clean cuts, as if cut by a knife. The bush was killed in the process.

What kind of flowers, that are just as impressive as roses, can I plant that won't be stolen?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 11:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Do you have deer? If so they will eat roses and it will look like a clean cut. Happened to me as well.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• No, I live in a city with plenty of human beings. Errrrrrr!
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 11:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Im sorry your roses were stolen. I am not a big fan of roses but maybe some lavender or some tulips would be nice in replacement.
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 12:02 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Are you sure its dead? Even if its cut all the way to the base it can still be, and probably is alive.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:48 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• do you have lawn maintenance at your home? rose bushes need to be cut regularily to grow back
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2009