What do you think Paul was saying when he said.."I have fought the good fight?

If you were continuously imprisoned for serving and ministering to others would you continue to do so?

Could you turn away from having a partner in marriage to do the will of Lord?

Be honest. Are we really strong enough to live like the Apostles did; leaving it all to follow Him?

If Jesus came today and told you to "drop the things you are doing and come follow me " what would your first thought be?

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 11:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think Paul was talking about he has fought the good fight because we have to fight against satan in the world weather we believe that or not... Everything you look at needs to be looked at in the spirit... Also in that verse he said I have finished the race .. He said his has finished the race the race against the devil and his demons trying to get peoples minds off the Lord he keep the race he didn't give up on God.. And the last thing in that verse I have kept the faith.. He kept the faith in God no matter what was coming his way no matter what was going on in his life.. We got to be like that .. We got to be like paul... But most of all we got to be like Jesus Christ

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• The Apostle Paul suffered much in his life and ministry. A litany of that suffering can be found in 2 Corinthians 11:23-27. Paul was killed for his testimony and according to universal tradition was decapitated after a long imprisonment. However, during this time, he wrote this testimony to Timothy: "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing" (2 Timothy 4:7-8). Another purpose for suffering is to be a witness to those watching that God's grace and strength is sufficient to enable a believer to stand in that suffering (2 Corinthians 12:9).
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 11:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• We still love you BB. We will pray for you, in hopes that you will understand this isn't a war, but people trying to come to terms with each other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I will pray for you to find peace within yourself as well. Live and let live.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I'm praying for BB too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• If you were continuously imprisoned for serving and ministering to others would you continue to do so?
    ~~
    yes and also I would probably think that maybe there could be something else that I could do than go to prison...we do have community services; but, I would never stop working for the Lord.

~~~
    it would be hard to leave my husband of 34 years; but, yes I would want todo as Jesus asked of me.

~~
    Yep, we did just that about 5 years ago when the Lord led us to Montana. We did not know anyone and went believing that God knew what He was doing.

~~
    I would ask Him if I had time to find someone to care for my
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 11:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I know that a lot of people do not care for Paul very much and especially women; but I understand Paul's decision to not marry. He had hated Christians and had them killed. When Jesus met him as Saul on the road that day; he was made blind; he asked "who is it Lord ?" and Jesus answered " It is Jesus whom you persecute...he no longer denied who Jesus was.
    To be married and have children; would take away from all that he wanted to do. Also, IMO I can see Paul not wanting to tie a wife and kids to a ministry that he knew would bring persecution.
    Just as strongly as Saul dispised Christians...He now strongly put all of his minutes into serving Jesus.
    I see him as a man that chose to forsake all others and follow God.

I wonder if all the Christians that are being killed lately took all this into account when they told Jesus.."YES!"
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 12:16 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• "I am Jesus, whom you persecute. It is hard for you to kick against the goad."

There could be no answer to that. Saul knew what the words meant, especially in relation to himself. A goad was a long stick about nine feet in length, sharpened at one end for poking at cattle. And the cattle could not kick against it, for the herdsman was nine feet away. Saul felt very much as helpless now. He sensed, dimly, that that same futile rebellion had been at the root of his emotional storms in the weeks since Stephen's death.

Trembling and astonished, Saul faltered the question that spelled his immediate, instantaneous surrender:

And whether people like Paul or not..when you understand who he was and what he stood for; it is really a very good study.
    He that hated Jesus and the Christians; now loved the ONE GOD that met him one day...not in a building, not with someone leading him to an altar; but, met Jesus.
    How awesome is th
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 12:49 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If you were continuously imprisoned for serving and ministering to others would you continue to do so? Yes

Could you turn away from having a partner in marriage to do the will of Lord? I am already married so that doesnt apply

Be honest. Are we really strong enough to live like the Apostles did; leaving it all to follow Him? It is the desire of my heart to follow the Lord in the way HE chooses me to follow Him.

If Jesus came today and told you to "drop the things you are doing and come follow me " what would your first thought be? Oh yeah! I'd be runnin... toward Him. I have always wanted to do that but right now I am to minister where I am at until that day!

So BB how would YOU answer these questions?
    Also we do not know for sure if Paul was married at one time or not.. have a read : http://www.gotquestions.org/apostle-Paul-married.html

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:43 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• she already answered the questions above
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 1:49 AM on Aug. 15, 2009