Baby before marrage

how do you ladies feel about couples who get pregnant before marriage, planned or superised.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i feel awesome about myself thanks
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• ditto. my son was born 2 years before we even discussed marriage- best suprise EVER! I don't feel guilty/ashamed/taboo or anything. I feel great for my decision to begin a family.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I got pregnant when I was 16 soooooooo I don't have a problem with it and I didn't before it happened to me either.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I was a child born into a non marriage family..my parents never even dated.
    I don't really mind it. It just shows that you have more strength. I have much respect.
    But I'm married
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• To each his own.

Personally, I would have been upset to have a baby out of marriage. I have traditional views on marriage even if the rest of my life is more liberal.

But I have no problem with people who have babies out of wedlock. Marriage isn't for everyone and not everyone views it as I do. I know some couples who have been together YEARS and have kids and are happy not being married... It's just a piece of paper after all.

As for the surprise babies, my only opinion is that before you take the risk of having a baby please be sure you are not only willing to have a baby, but that you can afford and take care of that baby! Every time you have sex you take that risk, so please be responsible! For your child's sake!
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 11:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• im not married yet. i would of perfered that i was married first, but hey shit happens.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I was always really obsessed with marriage before children.

I've been with my "husband" 10 years and 5 months. We are not legally married and have 3 wonderful children. Just about everyone I've ever known that got married also got divorced. We are married in our hearts, we just didn't pay a fee and get a little certificate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I like the poster above me have been happily unmarried for 15 years and we have 3 children. In my situation We had our first child two weeks before my 19th birthday and I refused to be that person that got married just because she was pregnant. The only difference between us and a married couple is that slip of paper. I refer to him as my husband. My parents refer to him as their son-in-law. We just haven't gotten around to making it official.
    my3turtles

Answer by my3turtles at 12:04 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think you should be married before having kids, but things happen. I got pregnant with my oldest daughter when I was engaged, and we married when I was 7 months pregnant. However, I don't think anyone should get married just because they are having a baby, because it'll most likely end in divorce anyway.
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 12:06 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i was engaged wheni got pregnant, and got married at 9 weeks pregnant. it was not my ideal situation, but it is what t is.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:06 AM on Aug. 15, 2009