What the hey?

My 2 year old has bats of diahrea, like its so bad he is so red and sore he cant sit. I change him, and before I know it, he's gone again and it must be so acidic or something cause he's instantly sore. I dont give him alot of sugars, he was lactose intolerant as an infant but he has drank regular milk for like a year with no problems. I dont give him 10 sippies of milk a day or anyting like that either...or alot of juice. He's fine with drinking water, or the propel fitness water which was recommended by his pediatrician because he wont drink pedialite. Not even frozen. Im wondering if I got that yogurt that is supposed to be good for your bowels like Activia will help? Maybe have him eat one a day? Any suggestions?

MichMom1984

Asked by MichMom1984 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It most likely sounds like it could be a food allergy. You could try going to goat's milk. Children who are lactose intolerable can handle goat's milk. Soy and wheat are the next 2 highly allergic foods. Even if he is able to handle yogurt and cheese sometimes the straight lactose from milk can irritate his stomach. And sometimes kids/older children can all of the sudden become lactose intolerant. I would try going away from milk for a while. That's gotta hurt his poor bottom!
    jenn714

Answer by jenn714 at 1:59 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• give him the BRAT diet ...bananas rice apple sauce and toast...see if that helps his bowels settle down..just keep him hydrated..good luck
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 15, 2009