im over weight and 2months pg i want to lose a bit of weight but dont no the best way to do it as i dont wanna hurt my baby im 5'6 and weigh 95kg im only ment to be inbetween 55 and 65kg can someone give me advice plz?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do not attempt anything like a real diet to loose weight, your body and your baby need to have good nutrition through the pregnancy. If anything, maintain a good diet, lots of healthy, fresh foods, watch the amount and types of carbs you eat and drink lots of water or another low or no calorie form of water ( sugar free flavored waters or drink mixes, whatever you like) You can concentrate on loosing weight after you have the baby, and if you think you might be interested in breast feeding that helps take off the baby weight faster. Just try to maintain a good calorie input but dont over do it
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:00 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I was overweight when I got pregnant also. You can't really "lose" weight but change your eating habits as if you were on a diet. Good healthy food and not over 2500 calories a day. You will gain weight during your pregnancy but try to keep it around 20 pounds. Talk to your doctor about recommended weight gain for you. I've gained 30 pounds so far and am due in a few weeks. Not great, but not too bad!
    amberkry

Answer by amberkry at 12:03 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• what is that in lbs? im bad w metric. i would just recomend light excersize, eating really healthy and so on. you only need 300 extra calories then you did before pregnancy (like one glass of m,ilk). dont push yourself too hard though.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:04 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Have you discussed this with your midwife/OB? It is an important time to be very health-conscious, but not strenuous. Because it's such an individual situation, you'd have to talk to your care provider.
    FWIW~ there are a lot of ways to lose postpartum, too. We can talk about that if you'd like, just message me.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:11 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I'm pregnant and overweight right now I'm 178lbs but I'm supposed to be around 155lbs. But you aren't supposed to purposely try to lose weight while you're pregnant now if while eating a proper pregnancy diet and walking combined with proper pregnancy exercise you still lose weight my doctor told me that was fine. but you have to make sure to get 2300 calories and at least 30 minutes of exercise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with excersizing while pregnant and you're supposed to be eating healthy anyways, so it shouldn't be a problem. My baby has grown normal and I've been losing weight the last trimester. I'm not trying, I just crave salads and fruit and she's growing soo much that she's taking everything out of me. Never counted calories. Just take vitamins, I like to drink Ovaltine for extra and keep excersizing.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 4:00 AM on Aug. 15, 2009