Anonymous postings

I completely understand a woman's right and need for privacy, especially when asking delicate questions and things of that nature...but why ask ridiculous questions and feel the need to post it anonymously? I guess I just don't understand that. Or, if you feel SOOO strongly about a subject and feel the need to debate it, WHY do you post it anonymously? Why not stand up and be heard and take pride in what you say with such conviction?? Doesn't make sense I guess.

clhadley

Asked by clhadley at 12:15 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in About CafeMom

• If I have something to say and I strongly believe in it, then I would never post anon. I too, don`t understand why, if the belief or opinion is so strongly held a person wouldn`t own up to it. I don`t want the world knowing about my sex life, but that is the only thing I will post anon about. I`ve gotten some pretty rude replies, but to be honest if someone is making a judgement about me based on an answer I`ve given to one question or if their whole view of me is changed because they suddenly know my stance on abortion or circumcision or chunky vs smooth peanut butter, then is that a person that I really want as a friend or do I really care about their opinion of me. For me, in most cases it`s no.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:48 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I agree.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:16 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• true
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:24 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Apparently you can't state any reasoning behind it either.....that's what I wanted.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 12:25 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I post anon sometimes when its an issue that I think people might disagree with me on and I dont want anyone to know who I am. People then tend to judge you on one thing instead of the whole person you are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• without the anon option, ppl wouldn't feel safe to ask the really important questions
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 12:29 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Thanks busylovinghim... I do completely understand posting anon. I do it when there are questions that are sensitive...that's why it's there, I think. I just think it's silly to pick fights anonymously and attack other women...anonymously. I just figure that if you have something worth saying, say that it's coming from you. Also, it's a bit silly to ask a normal question that isn't sensitive or provoking in any way. I guess I don't care, just curious I suppose. Does that make sense?
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 12:40 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I hate to find myself agreeing with this one. As much as I don't have a hard time telling it like it is, but with so many women who get katty and go on the attack and gang up on you, I see why ppl do it. It's when anon is used to be rude and obnoxious. I see that way too often on here and that's just plain cowardly. I say be woman enough to be honest, but some women can't handle it. You don't see guys doing this kind of crap. There's a reason for it. They can see fact vs. attack.
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 12:49 AM on Aug. 15, 2009