Did you have this problem?

Before I was pregnant I used to have bags of candy, soda, cakes, cookies, basically anything that had sugar I ate it even for meals at times! (Yes, it is sad I know!) But now that I am pregnant I will throw up anything with sugar it is not appealing to me. I actually crave for healthy foods and it is so weird. Did this happen to you. The doctor said that is a god send because I am giving my baby what it needs and what my body needs. I just want to know if I am the only one.

crazypinkzebra

Asked by crazypinkzebra at 12:38 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I too had a very sweet tooth and I started craving healthy things

but every once and a while that sweet tooth creeps back up and I have to have my candy, just one, LOL I dont care if its 3am if I get that sweet tooth I go get the sugary-est thing I can find, if i even know what I want, at the store that open and I gobble it down. LOL then i wont crave it again for a while
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• My mom told me that happened to her when she was pregnant. Take it as a blessing and use it to change your habits a bit. Like your doc said it will only be better for you and your baby.
    Noworktodo

Answer by Noworktodo at 12:42 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• LOL! I just thought that was weird when that happened to me because I never had been like that.
    crazypinkzebra

Answer by crazypinkzebra at 12:43 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think that this is a situation you might see more with the more "extreme" cases, like yours may be. The more deprived a pregnant body is of the necessities, the more the body must dial in what it needs to create this new human.
    It really is amazing, miraculous, and should not be taken lightly. This is a wake-up call to get things better for this little person who depends on you 100%.
    :-D
    As a coffee fiend, I was shocked to be completely repulsed by it, even the smell... It's not good for pregnancy, my body is smart I guess, lol!!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:48 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Im 16 weeks and too much sugar gets me nauseated. I used to love sweet stuff, cakes especially and now I cant even smell the stuff lol. It is a good thing aside from the fact that I tend to crave saltier foods now.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:46 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i have the issue too..if i even eat a piece of pie or cake i get so sick to my stomach..the only sweet thing i seem to handle is mounds...
    babymama8787

Answer by babymama8787 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• my sister told me time and time again that large amounts of sugar will upset your stomach during pregnancy. So it makes sense that you crave healthier choices. I find that every once in a while i will crave ice cream but mostly fruits and veggies and whole grain bread! and i'm loving milk more than i ever have! stick to the good stuff and good luck with your pregnancy!
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2009