Baby Trend Silverado Sit N' Stand Plus Double Stroller - does it have full recline in the back seat?

Hello everyone - I am curious as to whether the back seat of this stroller has a full recline??? I want to be able to use a carrycot for my expected infant in the back seat, what do you think?

I have found stated two places that it does have a full recline, but the manufacturer's website says that for both seats the child should be able to sit unassisted. (I am not interested in this stroller if I have to use an infant car seat with it...)

Thanks in advance for your help!

K.

kcbo

Asked by kcbo at 12:52 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hi! I am in the same situation, would love to buy this, but only if it reclines fully.
    So weird that I came across your question!!
    hope somebody out there can help us!
    Mama-Jess11

Answer by Mama-Jess11 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I actually read, from a mom review that the back seat doesn't recline flat.
    you can see the full review here:

http://www.viewpoints.com/Baby-Trend-Silverado-Deluxe-Sit-N-Stand-Stroller-review-2984

But I would like to know if I can recline the front seat fully and still put my 18month old in the tandem back seat.
    (I think he is too young to stand/sit on the bench)
    Mama-Jess11

Answer by Mama-Jess11 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I found it !!

Baby Trend Silverado Sit N' Stand Plus Double Stroller

- 2-position reclining front and middle seats
    - 3-position fully reclining rear seat

Description on Amazon.com
    see it here
    http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Trend-Silverado-Double-Stroller/dp/B000IHTD8A/ref=sr_1_1/188-8601656-1020104?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1246236517&sr=8-1?ie=UTF8&tag=sitnstand-20

Mama-Jess11

Answer by Mama-Jess11 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Hi Mama-Jess11, and thanks so much for your help! This is exactly the reason I asked my question here, because I kept finding "conflicting info" on this stroller! The amazon description says it has a fully reclining back seat, while some reviews which mention recline say it DOESN'T recline fully. I have written to Babytrend.com, I'm hoping to get an answer from them today...fingers crossed!

My reason for wanting a full recline is that I live in Norway, and it gets too cold here to use a car-seat travel option outside during winter - and my baby will be born in November. :) We have a fifteen-minute walk to & from d.s.'s nursery school, and that is when I am seeing myself using this stroller most! So I am SOOO hoping that it features a back seat which will recline enough to let us use an infant carrycot with it. :) Nice and warm baby, in the back seat.

Maybe someone else knows? :)
    kcbo

Answer by kcbo at 7:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I did find a review on Amazon where a mom said she had reclined the back seat as far as it went, and put her six-week-old in it, b/c her toddler didn't like sitting in back since he didn't have a good view...I commented on her post but haven't received a comment back yet. It sounds promising though...! Here's what she wrote:

"I originally tried using the car seat attachment in the front and had the two year old ride in back, but he couldn't see where we were going and would refuse to ride in it till let him ride shotgun. It was not a problem I just layed the back seat all the way back and put my six week old in the back and everyone was happy."
    kcbo

Answer by kcbo at 7:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yeah, I know what you mean about the conflicting info!
    I did read most of the reviews I could find and did actually come across the one you mentioned.

How confusing! Hopefully Baby trend gets back to you on that.

Let me know what you find out please!

Congrats on you're new little one!

Mama-Jess11

Answer by Mama-Jess11 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Thanks, I'll let you know what babytrend says as soon as I hear from them! :)
    kcbo

Answer by kcbo at 10:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• So I asked somebody selling one and they told me that the front seat does not recline, and the back seat fully reclines...
    yet more confusing info!
    Mama-Jess11

Answer by Mama-Jess11 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• This is so annoying! Maybe every stroller is different!?!?! :) Here is the answer I got from babytrend:

"The seat does not recline to a full laying position, it reclines a few
    inches only.

Amanda
    Customer Service
    Baby Trend Inc."

Now I don't know WHAT to think. I did actually order the stroller anyway, so when it gets to Norway in a couple of weeks (I have to go through a middle -man for delivery lol) I'll be back and let you know if MY stroller reclines all the way.

Personally I hope the person you got in touch with is right, lol!
    kcbo

Answer by kcbo at 7:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• This whole thing is so weird!!
    I did go ahead and ordered it as well! lol
    We'll see !!
    Good luck with yours!
    Mama-Jess11

Answer by Mama-Jess11 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2009