strip club??!

me and my boyfriend live together and have a six month old daughter. his friend is getting married in september and his bachlor party is tomorrow night and they are going to a strip club. i hate the thought of this. we had a talk about strip clubs a few months ago and he said he wouldn't go and tonight he comes home from work and says that tomorrow night after work he is going to the strip club. i was so mad because i thought that i was in the clear and didnt have to worry about him going to a strip club and when i told him i didnt like it he said "to bad im going, get over it" so not only am i mad that he wants to go there but then he simply says to bad get over it? i dont know what to do. i hate the thought of any naked girls around him and i dont think its right for him to go send this money when we (our family) could use it for something more useful. any suggestions?

Kristin1609

Asked by Kristin1609 at 1:10 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• would he mind if you went with him?

I personally would go, because I could have fun with him, and I can make sure he's on his best behavior
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• On one hand, it sounds kinda fishy. Maybe his friends got to him an called him "whipped" or something along those lines and he's doing it to prove hes not. Men are strange creatures.

Let him go. Its his friends bachelor party. Not that you dont have a right to be annoyed, but it'll just cause more drama if you fight him on it. Of course, that only counts if this is a one time deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I completely understand your position, I HATE strip clubs and feel as if it is a legal form of prostitution, I mean really, you are giving money to a woman who is taking her clothes of for you...... BUT, on the other hand, this is a one time thing for a bachelor party and just to save the argument, ONE time, you may just have to give in and find a way to be as ok with it as you can. I dont think it is worth the huge headache of the argument that is going to follow. Now, if he were going to the club every weekend, or on any occasion other than this one, I would be having a fit. All you can do is state your position and if you and DH arent agreeing, and I dont think you are going to, one of you is going to have to give a little, this is the first of many give a littles in a marriage. (please dont think Im saying he is right to go, Im just saying some things arent worth the fight)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:20 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i dont care if it was my SO's brothers bachelor party who did everything for him and they were best friends. my SO would not be going to a strip club and spending his money on seeing other girls naked. and if he did it anyway, we would be over for sure. he would be out and i would find someone who cared more about my feelings and didnt want to act like a nasty man whore and look at other bitches naked.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:25 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I have been to a couple strip clubs with my ex-husband and his friends down in vegas no less, and honestly, I really don't see where there would be a problem with him going. I understand that he may get turned on by these women, but he will come home to you to fix that problem. The women are not there for men to touch or have sex with. . Unless your man has cheated on you, or done anything to not trust him, I really would not be too upset with him. Just explain to him, that if he goes and any part of another women touches him in any way, he best not come home. As long as you trust your man, then I don't see what the big deal is. I also would tell him, that unless he's buying him and the friend drinks, he better not be spending money that he could use on his women and child. A man with a women and child at home does not need to be paying for another women!!!
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 1:26 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I've been married for more than 20 years now, and on occasion my husband has gone to a strip club with the buys, I even went with him a few times. SlapHappi is right, those women are not there to touch, let him go have a good time. It's only a big deal if you make it one. He'll come home and want you. If he's going to cheat it won't be at a strip club with all his friends with him. Trust your husband, take out a sexy nighty, show it to him and let him know you'll be waiting for him when he gets home.....have a glass of wine, and trust me, he'll be thinking about you waiting for him every time a girl gets on the stage. Seriously, it's a bachelor party, this one is not worth the fight.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:00 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• just tell him ur going to one tomorrow night too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I gave my ex the cold shoulder and silent treatment when he told me he went to the strip club.
    I think its morally wrong. I have religeous beliefs, and even though you guy arent married. I believe its a sin. He should respect you. If his friends are doing more than going to a strip club he should have passed on the naked women part and join them for the rest of the party. I cant believe he would do that to you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• tell him your going to see chip n dales with some friends. one night just leave to go to friends house and he will think yur there. :P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• omg whats the big deal? i took my dh to a strip club for his birthday once.Is your guy so freakin hot that these grown ass women wont be able to control themselves around him? look dear these girls are working! all they want from your guy is his money! can you not trust him out with his friends for 1 night? some of you women on here need to grow up & stop stressing out so much over bullshit lil things, go see a movie go out w/ your friends hell grow up!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Aug. 15, 2009