angel of the Lord or a demon?

Have you experienced a visit of an angel of the Lord?

Have you ever been in the presence of a demon?

Explain how you knew the difference.

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 1:45 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• how have i known the difference? its called 'discernment'. when angels are present, there is total peace and assurance, like having the ability to fall helplessly asleep with no worries or bugs in the mix. demons, and pure evil in any form..you feel it, your heart knows it, it stinks, the air is putrid, everything is just wrong.
    why would a snake/wolf/lion/satan spend all their energy going after an easy kill? they wouldn't-satan is more threatened by a true believer/the 'total package' xtian...and i do mean true, christ-centered, holy spirit-as-my-guide, uplifter of the downtrodden, worshipping-not-whipping xtian. the 'evil one' may get ahold of a weaker believer easier..and sometimes, those weaker brothers/sisters talk a good talk..they just don't walk the walk..that is where the demonic hooks can pierce.
    'out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks' - matthew 12:34
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:19 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Have you experienced a visit of an angel of the Lord?
    yes and I knew it was of God because I felt so much peace. It was when I was in the hospital. Some tried to tell me that I had just hullucinating; but I know what I felt and I know it was an angel. You know how someone will say you know that you know? Well that is what it is here. I know.

yes. Several times. At first they were frightening and now I would just open my door and say get OUT! The first time that I had experienced a spirit was when my Grandma that I loved to pieces passed on. We were already in bed and I woke up to see my Grandma standing at the foot of the bed. She told me that she was gone. I went out to my dad and told him. I was crying and he said, "you just had a dream." The phone rang and my uncle told my dad, "mom just passed on."
    My dad just stood there looking a

bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 1:53 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• cont...
    at me.

The second time was when my husband and I went to my in-laws for dinner. I was pregnant and was playing a board game with my husband and sister in laws. I heard someone come into the house, walk down the hall and into one of the back rooms. After no one moved to see who it was i said, " didn't someone hear anyone come in?" My father-in-law sat down his newspaper and said, "that was just Mark." I got a horrible feeling in my stomach and was trying not to panic. No one moved. The game just continued and my mother-in-law finished stitching.
    Mark had died earlier that year when my husband and him were shot in a bar.

how do i know the difference?
    God is not of fear.
    Devils cause fear.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 2:00 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I have been in the presence of both. The difference is that an Angel will always speak to/of/for the Lord. If they do not glorify and give honor to God, they are not an Angel but a demon. Demons can be very seductive and pleasant, but they go berserk and on the attack when God is mentioned or Scriptures are spoken; they also know Scripture but use it to mock God and His children instead of glorifying God and supporting Christians. The Word of God is a powerful tool! It is quick and sharper than a two-edged sword and divines between right and wrong. Demons must shut up and back down when it is utilized effectively. Perhaps demon activity is why so much hell has been raised lately in Q & A? Lots of imps stirring things up and causing trouble with their devilry. JMPO.

wildflowergal

Answer by wildflowergal at 5:17 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I agree...
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 5:42 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• "Demons can be very seductive and pleasant, but they go berserk and on the attack when God is mentioned or Scriptures are spoken; they also know Scripture but use it to mock God and His children instead of glorifying God and supporting Christians."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A devil doesn't necessarily go "beserk" at the mention of Scripture. Remember even Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light. (2 Corinthians 11:14) Remember devils sit in the churches every week,say "Amen!" to quoted verses, and work on the church boards. And didn't he have an agent among Jesus' twelve? Satan's angels have thousands of years of practice at their trickery. Most times believers are lead away by them because they don't expect a devil to quote Scripture or pretend to praise God.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:12 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Demons do berserk (crazy) when they are admonished with Scripture. Lucifer on the other hand, is smug and cocky because he believes he is equal to God - Lucifer is not a demon, that's why he is more dangerous when on the prowl. Judas did work among the disciples, but he also went berserk and killed himself. Yes, demons know Scripture but they use it to mock God and His children instead of glorifying God and supporting Christians; we have seen that activity here in Q & A with a few fencewalkers who find it more convenient to do the devils work than the Lord's.

wildflowergal

Answer by wildflowergal at 6:38 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• The devil knows scripture as well as any preacher.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Going berserk isn't always fit-throwing; sometimes crazy activity can be seductively destructive. All "crazy" means is mindless and delusional activity; not able to distinguish between reality and illusion.

If someone starts attacking (and some underhanded attacks can appear to be very soothing and placating) at the mention or God or Scripture, chances are it's a demon at work, using that person's mind, mouth, and fingers to speak it's evil intentions.

wildflowergal

Answer by wildflowergal at 6:44 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

That's why he's referred to as a snake and a wolf. A snake is a sneaky creature; a wolf prowls to seek the weak and dying - those are the ones that will be attacked. A wolf NEVER attacks a strong or healthy animal. Wolves are basically lazy creatures who wait for their meals to fall into their hungry jaws. Spirit-filled Christians will never been wolf food.

wildflowergal

Answer by wildflowergal at 6:47 AM on Aug. 15, 2009