Got any advice?

Especially now... He's not wanting to help out with anything when it comes down to the baby. I'm 17 weeks pregnant and I'm unemployed, so buying everything myself will be so hard on me. We fight and argue over everything lately and we dont even act like we are together, but the moment I mention breaking up he flips out!
I always hear people saying how their bf left when they were pregnant and here I am wanting to leave him. I just feel like he is being useless right now, no emotional support and no financial support.
Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• maybe sit down and have a conversation about it.
    make sure its a mature conversation and if it gets out of hand simply tell him the conversation will be over until he can calm down. Or if you get a little irritated you can say, I need to cool off Ill be back in a minute, walk away get it together and go back.

When you talk lay out your feelings, but be respectful.

communication helps every relationship

Guys are just as afraid as us, hopefully he will come around
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:00 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Don't discount that your hormones are probably making you emotional, but even so, it is sad that you are feeling so down. Since he won't help shop for the baby, then you'll need to handle it. He doesn't help out with money? If you are not dependent on him for money, then perhaps he does want out and perhaps this is why he isn't helping financially or emotionally. From what you are saying, you should be finding out how to support yourself and your child. Talk with whatever agency in your area deals with it. Perhaps you can get some kind of public assistance and job training (if you need it) or even a job. If your friend is not helping, and you are unhappy with him, then it is time to step forward into a new life for you and your child. You should be able to get child support from him once the baby comes, by the way.

Answer by Bmat at 8:42 AM on Aug. 15, 2009