help please

Hi I am wondering if someone can offer any advice on my current situation. We are trying to get a home loan and credit is good. The problem however is that when my husband and his ex were married they had a house together and apperently they took out an equity loan on the house well she got the house when they divorced and she is still paying on the loan. Thing is both of there names are on the loan. So whenever we go to have the loan app done for our home they say credit is great but we cant loan you the money because you already have a home. This is a gov. loan by the way. Oh my gosh I am soo sick right now they even told us how much we were approved for but until he comes off the loan nothing. Whenever they split up she pitched a holy fit and made him come off the deed to the house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in About CafeMom

• He needs to talk to the bank that holds the note for the home equity line and find out what's needed to get his name OFF it.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:38 AM on Aug. 15, 2009