My son used to eat EVERYTHING, i was proud of how unpicky he was, now at 13 months he doesn't really want to eat much of anything. He would be satisfied with cheerios 24/7 or any other kind of dry food. Any suggestions?

jenn714

Asked by jenn714 at 2:11 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know what you mean, i have a 2 in a half yr old, and a 18mth old. My 2 yr old would eat everything up intill about 13mths old than fliped and wouldnt eat at all, it's called a apitite slump, it happens right before a growth spert. it's ok, don't force food down there throat or u will actually make it worse and last longer. When i stoped fighting with her and went ahead and let her eat what she wanted she was back to herself in a week. just ask your dr about giving your child vitamins, but they will tell you the same thing i told u, thats what my babys dr told me, but i gave her vitamins just to be safe while she had this slump. hope i helped some
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 2:20 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• its a phase mine son is 2 1/2 and wont eat anything thats not cereal..i make sure i give him the best out there like the ones that are vitamin fortified as well as giving him daily vitamins i asked my dr about it and she said its fine as long as hes not loosing weight or gaining to much fat..it should only last around a month after that you need to see a dietician..good luck
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 9:06 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• At 13 months it could be that he wants to eat on his own, and with the cheerios and stuff he can easily feed himself. If you are the one feeding him, he may not want to eat. I know my DD does that sometimes (she just turned 14 months). And as the PP said, it can also be a sign that a growth spurt is coming.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 2:02 AM on Aug. 17, 2009