Why is it ok for a man to look at porn, but he would flip a lid and wouldn'ttolerate it if the roles were reversed

Why is it ok for my husband to go behind my back and look at porn but if I were to get caught looking at a larger than average penis (which I wouldn't because I don't), he would get crazy pissed?

bkenney410

Asked by bkenney410 at 2:13 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• How do you know he would get pissed? My hubby actually gets really turned on when he knows I've been looking at porn. I always thought he would get pissed but when we talked about it he thought it was really hot.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:16 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I dont know, have you tried to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Does your husband only want to look at porn behind your back? Or would he be turned on to share it with you? Is it an obsession and he can't have sex with you without looking at porn, or is it just something that he enjoys occasionally. I don't look at pictures of naked men either, but to be honest, pictures don't worry me. Try to relax and not get so worked up over this...unless he is obsessed with porn, then I understand your concern, and he needs to get help. The bigger deal you make of this, the more of a power struggle it will become.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:18 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Cuz I did it to see his reaction and kinda let him understand how it makes me feel when I catch him looking at it, since talking didn't help.
    bkenney410

Answer by bkenney410 at 2:19 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• so is it an obsession, you think
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• That's why I'm not even bringing it up with him. And yes, it is only behind my back. He nows how I feel about it and that it's hurtful to me, to he trys to hide it. And when he looks at or watches porn, he takes "care of" himself, so then we have no sex life.
    bkenney410

Answer by bkenney410 at 2:23 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Have you tried watching it with him? What was it that upset him about you watching it?
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:26 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• it makes him feel inadequet (sp?) and yes, I've tried watching it with him...it doesn't turn me on
    bkenney410

Answer by bkenney410 at 2:28 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• does it not turn you on because you are thinking of other things? Like reasons he likes to watch it? I thought I would never watch porn, but then DH got movies from his friend ( I didnt really like that because then his friend knew what we were watching) but eventually we went and got our own all the time and when he would lend them out I would catch myself saying, why did you lend that one out it was my favorite!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I've tried on many occasions to watch it with him, but watching other people have sex isn't something that gets me turned on or in the mood.
    bkenney410

Answer by bkenney410 at 2:33 AM on Aug. 15, 2009