She is so stubborn!!!

Ok well my grandma and I haven't always been close, but lately she has been trying to change that!! So I went over there today for a visit and we started talking about my up coming baby shower and I told her instead of veggie trays, ect. I wanted to do like a sweet bar with chocolate covered cherries, cheese cake bits ect. Well my grandma loves to do that kind of thing and so do I so I asked her if maybe we could all (her, my fav cousin, my SIL and my bestfriend) make like a little girls day out of it and make the sweets together which she agreed would be a fun thing for all of us to do. Well I told her I would buy all the stuff and we could get together a day or two before the shower and make it all. But she is refusing to let me pay for it, I dont know how to react to this because I dont feel like she should have to buy this stuff because it is for my shower right? How can I make her see I want to at least help??

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 3:35 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oh how sweet just let her if she wants to help, nothing is wrong ,for my shower my friends asked me for nothing they did it all,i really wanted tons of ballons so i had my hubby buy me like a whole bunch but they did the whole thing themselves where im from the mommy doesnt pay for her own baby shower she gets blessed and is given one by her close friends, i say let her but maybie you can tell her not to buy you a gift if that makes you feel better.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:42 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• She would refuse the no gift idea lol, she has already bought more than me lol. She is a mad woman! I try to tell her all of this isnt necissary, but I think she is trying to make up for the lack of relationship we have when I was little...and I dont want her to feel like she has to do that
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:49 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• just let her its ok,i mean not the part about feeling guilty,but when i buy gifts i get so excited for my friend that i just wanna buy all the cute stuff,so she could be feeling like that.i say let her.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:54 AM on Aug. 15, 2009