Do you think dating right now is okay?

I'm a single mother of an 11 week old daughter. My ex boyfriend bailed when I was pregnant, I'm 17 years old .and I havent been in a relationship for a while. Given the circumstances, do you think its alright to be dating?

(No matter what though, my daughter comes first)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• ppl are so judgemental on here. whether ur 17 or 40,just make sure ur taking care of your baby and if u meet someone that may be serious, take it really slow and definitely stay on birth control. It may be really hard to find a guy that's young and dependable, so keep your heart and head in check. Also, it can be easy to get too caught up in a guy and neglect your child- it happens with alot of single parents. Try to find a good support system of friends above all because it will really help you through tough times.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 10:58 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• i say dont worry about that right now just enjoy her
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:27 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I agree
    dont worry about that right now
    you have so much time to date, why stress.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• You shouldnt be worried about dating .
    Not to be mean but your 17
    Get things straight for you and your little one.
    I was 17 with my ffirst and my boyfriend did the jerk thing and ran out .
    I didnt date again til I was 21 and in college.
    I say dont worry about it .
    Do things for you and your little one.
    Also be smart ( not saying you arent just some advice)
    Dont go off sleeping with someone til you KNOW its real and he will be there . Trust me it is better for you and your daughter.
    Congrats on the baby ,
    Good Luck hun .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:42 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• no, the last thing you need is the same boy like before, rush it and you will jump in to a worse sittuation, take your time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I would wait and focus on getting on your feet. That is more important right now. Once you get things squared away with your daughter and yourself everything else will fall into place. You need to make sure that you can support you and your daughter without having to rely on anybody else. It's tough...and it can be lonely, but you would be so much better off for waiting. Congrats on the baby!!
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 7:38 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't go looking for it, but if it found you I'd explore it! I have a friend and her "baby daddy" bailed on her while she was pregnant at 16, she met a really nice guy who came into her life and accepted her daughter, stood by her side throughout the entire thing and to this day..11 years later, they are still together and happy! You don't find love it finds you..But definately enjoy your little girl cuz she will grow fast..plenty of time for boys :)
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 8:04 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If you found a guy that would accept your situtation and is mature enough to handle a family then go for it. I wouldn't get with a guy that couldn't handle that situation though.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 9:22 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Your a child and don't need a man. I would get my life together and evaluate why you chose someone who was such a loser. You don't want to be that woman that does go from loser to loser like so many do. Think about what you really want in life and make that happen. If the right man comes along on that journey then go for it. But for now concentrate on your daughter and please use protection if you don't head my advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Aug. 15, 2009