why do little insects form in crackers, cereal etc?

today I ate some tuna and crackers with my son not knowing there was lil insects that formed in the crackers, I didnt notice till we were already done with all the tuna there was a dead one on the side of my bowl, then when I looked more into the package of crackers there was 10 lil creatures crawling all over them! I got so disgusted and kept on gaging! Why does that happen? are they born by grain? or whats up with that?!? its also happened to me at my grandmas house with her Froot Loops cereal! they kinda look like lice, gross!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• the dont grow from the grain they are in the box either when it was packaged or from being open in your house .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• oh and that is why you should ziplock bag everything like tha t.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• There not in my house! Ive seen them in cereal, pancake mix, crackers, flour, cakemix, tostadas and flautas they all form in that type of food when its been there for two months without being eaten, it can even be close, because I remember buying cake mix to make corn bread and when I barely opened the package there was 30 of them crawling all over the mix!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• yeah I forgot to add that ive seen them in the food at friends homes, grandmas homes, aunts homes etc! so that tells u its not in my house!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• it doesnt mean you have bigs in your house .
    things like that are attracted to food
    when you have it open for so long they do find it and get in to it .
    you could even find a roach in something like that even if you dont have them
    like i said just ziploc things like that . it will help keep it freash and with no bugs.

also i wasnt tring to be mean I was just saying . I didntmean you had bugs inyour house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I've also seen them in corn bread packages that are sealed I barely buy them and when I open them they have those maggots already.
    Anonymous

• I've also ziploc all my crackers and they still produce that even when there ziploc in the refrigerator, its crazy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• corn bread is different .
    they have bugs some times be cause of the corn mill when its packaged.
    if you still get them in everything even with ziplocs try changing brands it might be the brand you are useing.
    also make sure to read experation dates even in places like walmart
    make sure the store you buy for food from is itself clean because they could get in the box from the store too .
    I knew a store that all the food and mouce pee and droppings on .
    just be more aware try different stores and brands .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• They are everywhere they are called meal worms and the eggs come from manufacturer and they host and breed in all your dried food. I actually had their worms crawling in the flour and in the cabinet. Get rid of all your dried goods and replace them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Ewww... I saw the tiniest ants EVER a few days ago... They were like 1/8th the size of regular ants... Luckily,not IN food, but on dishes, and my table...?
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 5:42 AM on Aug. 15, 2009