i didnt know where to put this

how long did it take you to get over your csection pain or for it at least to dull?

gizmom529

Asked by gizmom529 at 5:39 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Health

• Well since i was up walking as soon as they allowed me out of bed and walked the entire time i was in the hospital, i'd say it took me about two weeks for the pain, to dull enought to where i didn't need help getting from laying to sitting or sitting to standing due to pain.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 5:46 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I was up and walking in the hospital as well, but it took about 2 wks for me to be able to walk up the stairs to bed without help or pain meds. About a month I started feeling better but to really feel like "myself" again, it was 4 mos later for me!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:52 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I think it took me a couple weeks before I didn't need any pain meds.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:05 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• the next day. i kept saying my doctor was a pro. he looked just like mcdreamy and i was walking down to the elevator, to the nicu. had three csections. i think it depends on the doc..
    Ashlee0323

Answer by Ashlee0323 at 6:40 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• It took about a week for me to be able to get up at a normal speed and not have that tearing sensation. It's been 8 months postpartum now and still rarely I'll get random pains in my scar, but I'm also pregnant again so that may be contributing to it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:43 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I agree with Ashlee0323, it really depends on your doctor. With my son, they tore me up, and it took a month before I could cough or sneeze without crying. With my daughter, I had the BEST doctor ever (if you live in Central Texas and need an OB, message me and I'll give you his name) I was up the very next morning, walking around and hurt only slightly for about a week afterwards. Good luck to you!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:17 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I would say it was about two weeks before I was starting to return to my normal self, and then probably another two weeks for me to not feel anything at all from it.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 15, 2009