i just had my little girl

i had my little girl 2 days ago she was 5 weks arly shes still in the nicu i want to breastfeed and am pumping but want to know if im gonna be able to breastfeed and need help with csection pain

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had three csections and never got any breastmilk, i wanted to breastfeed. csection pain i never had any. put alot of ice over the scar. and walk, walk,walk.
    Ashlee0323

Answer by Ashlee0323 at 6:37 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Congratulations!!!!! Does the hospital have a lactation consultant you can talk to? You should be able to breastfeed. My friends who had c-sections all breastfed their babies. Just keep pumping until you get a chance to breastfeed your little girl! As far as pain, they should give you something for that. Take it easy and enjoy your little girl!!!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:20 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Congratulations! I don't know what to tell you for the pain, but as for the breastfeeding you should be fine. ONe of my best friends had an premie by emergency csection and she had to pump while he was in the ICU but still produced enough milk to feed him once he got out. Just keep up with it. the only thing you may have trouble with is if she likes the bottle more than nursing. But theres no way to know that till you try to nurse so dont worry too much.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 7:40 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• as for the pain lay on back and place a dry towel or sheet down and on top of that place some frozen rags or bags of peas its what worked for me and i have a vertical incission from my naval down.you can also take some mortrin if your worried about narcotics effecting your breast milk. my dr gave me tylonal 3 with coden but i rarely used it...ill pray for your darling angel and ill pray for you and your family. god bless you and may your prayers be answered....
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 9:13 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I just had my son last week, he was six weeks early. Pump an hour before your daughter eats, every feeding! Speak with a lactation consultant. Youll produce enough milk but it takes longer to come in when our babys came early, our breast werent ready yet. It is realy discouraging and hard especialy when you go home without her. The other thing is her suckling may not be realy strong, try the football hold. Practice for a few min then go to bottle. At home buy the nipples that are shaped like your breast. If you want someone to talk to, vent cry with im here! Ive been there resently.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 7:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Recovery from c-section SUCKS. I was miserable. Just take it easy and take the pain meds. God Bless you and your baby girl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2009