Okay I've done the Scotts 4 Step program for two years now, and my lawn still does not look green and lush and weedless!! I'm done! Has anyone used TruGreen or ChemLawn, those companies that come to your house and spray your lawn with "magic"? Is it worth the money and does it work?

danalee11

Asked by danalee11 at 7:32 AM on Aug. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I used trugreen. The company & chemicals were great on my lawn and I could see a major difference for the first 6 months...then all of a sudden my lawn started going down hill. I couldnt figure it out until the next spring. The lawn guy showed up at the house & I was there but not dressed so I did not answer the door, so he felt confident that I wasnt there. I watched him walk around the yard looking at the ground/grass. He didnt touch it, just looked for about 1 circle thru (30 sec) went to his truck wrote out a ticket, stuck it on my door and left. I thought it was a reminder or a later date to do the lwan since he didnt do anything. It was a bill! I called the company, explained what I saw. He denied it, of course. I still have the bill and he did not treat my lawn. So it depends upon whos working and IF they want to work! Company? YES! worker? hmmmm!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:23 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I don't know much other than I collected money for them because it didn't work. You have options, one they can come inspect and decide which is right for your lawn, or you can say no I just want the stuff. I CAN tell you that if you do it yourself you won't be as successful, every lawn is different and in order to have your lawn trated the way it needs to be you will need it "diagnosed"
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• We used TruGreen. We have been using them for years and have generally been pretty happy. This spring we had a TON of dollar weed, I am always home, so I see the guy is spraying my yard, but the dollar weed wasn't going away. We considered dropping TruGreen (mostly to save money, but the dollar weed was a good excuse to do it), my husband called them to cancel and the girl answering the phone wanted to know why. My husband told her how bad the dollar weed was and she asked us to give them a chance to take care of it at no additional cost. So the guy came the next day and sprayed, then two weeks later, and again two weeks after that. We have NO dollar weed and didn't have to pay anything additional for their service for those weeks. Now we are back to our normal payment schedule. My advice is to work it out with your current company first, if you still aren't happy then switch. But let them know you aren't happy.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2009